• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    We use Nextlink. It’s pretty good. Better than a hotspot, but not blazing fast. Wireless line of site service.

What kind of mic did you get?

Just a cheap little wireless lapel mic. Had a base receiver that plugged in to the lightning port - that was on the phone when it went swimming so now I've got the lapel portion, and no reciever. At least it was cheap. I can't even tell you if the audio was any good or not, since the footage I shot with it never synched to iCloud before the phone died.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Did you go in after it. It's water resistant

Problem is I don't know where it went, and that water went from 6 inches to feeet deep, its full of random rocks, turtles, snakes, broken glass, broken sticks - I dredged with my fishing net what I could reach - about 8' or so out from the bank, and prodded the bottom with the handle trying to find it - no joy. Could be wedged under a rock, could've flown farther than I thought, I am quite certain though that its in the water, not the brush. I came home & grabbed my wife, had her calling it while I was down searching - it would ring for a while then after a time (I figure about the time either the battery died, or the water killed it) it started going straight to voice mail. Using the "Find My" link on iCloud - it showed the phone as being offline.

At this point I marked it lost, and its set to erase all data IF it happens to be found and successfully powered on again.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Problem is I don't know where it went, and that water went from 6 inches to feeet deep, its full of random rocks, turtles, snakes, broken glass, broken sticks - I dredged with my fishing net what I could reach - about 8' or so out from the bank, and prodded the bottom with the handle trying to find it - no joy. Could be wedged under a rock, could've flown farther than I thought, I am quite certain though that its in the water, not the brush. I came home & grabbed my wife, had her calling it while I was down searching - it would ring for a while then after a time (I figure about the time either the battery died, or the water killed it) it started going straight to voice mail. Using the "Find My" link on iCloud - it showed the phone as being offline.

At this point I marked it lost, and its set to erase all data IF it happens to be found and successfully powered on again.
    I'm sorry, that really sucks

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I broke a phone and the lady at Verizon told me multiple times that I'd get a code to access my account on my phone.

That's still not going to work ma'am........

Process was pretty painless besides that part. Been happy with Verizon all in all.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I broke a phone and the lady at Verizon told me multiple times that I'd get a code to access my account on my phone.

That's still not going to work ma'am........

Process was pretty painless besides that part. Been happy with Verizon all in all.

Yeah, the dude that helped us out had to be reminded twice that my phone was in a creek - things like that don't process since they're so used to just "hey, let me upgrade and transfer your data" since that's what they do all day.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I gave up my personal cell phone about 20 years ago. Work provided me with a phone and I was always oncall so I really didn't want to carry two phones all the time. After 20 years I was suddenly riffed and they would not let me keep the number. Luckily I was unemployed since I spent countless days and hours calling various companies to prove who I was so I could gain access to my accounts once again. Stupidity on my part.

Top Bottom