DK Firearms

Video of UT Austin Campus Carry Discussion Forums. Entertaining, at least.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    UT like many higher education locations is and has been building the liberal mindset against self determination and self defense. The concept that we can talk out differences. We can reason with anyone. These all come from the closed community, closed mindedness of those intelligentsia who do not deal with or face the world outside of their little community of college teachers and students. We would have more likelihood of being accepted and supported taking our case to a school of fish than UT.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Meeting #1 30 Sep 2015
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/74509629

Meeting #2 5 Oct 2105
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/74878356

My favorite part is when Jerry Patterson tells the whiners near the end of 2nd forum (1 hr 23 minutes) if they try to get what they're asking for, the legislature will remove UT Austin's discretion in the matter.

Forgive my ignorance, who is Jerry Patterson?

Ow wow, this is a UT stream. As the Dad of an Aggie grad student, I'm having a severe allergic reaction now. It can only be remedied by barbecue. I must go forth and eat the brisket of Bevo's cousin!

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    First speaker up on the 10/5 video nailed it!

Jerry Patterson is the guy that invented the Glock cylinder brush, to make cleaning tasks easier.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Some of the comments are too stupid to comprehend.

"CHL holders are 4X more likely to commit violent crimes"

"Guns on Campus increases rape"

"My biggest fear is that someone will come in to my classroom shooting and one of my students will pull a gun and shoot him"

Makes me wish there were rebuttals to some of this crap.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    First speaker up on the 10/5 video nailed it!

Jerry Patterson is the guy that invented the Glock cylinder brush, to make cleaning tasks easier.

Among other notable inventions and patents. A modern pioneer in the firearms industry.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "Open carry at UT should be different than Open Carry at A&M, or in Lubbock, etc"

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Any more sound good sound bites? Patterson was good. Can't watch for 3 hours though.

But damn. So tired of the "dangerous arguments lead to shooting from students with guns in their backpacks" - aint no law gonna stop an armed gunman from bringing a gun into your class. And it's not gonna be a CHL holder either.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    And the 2nd guy after patterson, talks about provisions in the law for places like labs with dangerous equipment, daycares, hospitals, are supposedly sacred places where guns aren't allowed, but what makes classrooms any different? He is against the bill, but he is right - there's no rational reason why I shouldn't be allowed to carry in those places too...

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    So, some of these faculty think the only reason they aren't being murdered is because of a "gun-free zone" sign?

And if the sign is removed the lawfully carrying CHL holders will be the one to ventilate them?

Fruitbats.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, some of these faculty think the only reason they aren't being murdered is because of a "gun-free zone" sign?

And if the sign is removed the lawfully carrying CHL holders will be the one to ventilate them?

Fruitbats.

And students.

The idiocy of some of their statements is breathtaking.

I also think it's funny that many of these supposedly educated people seem to have no idea how the legislative process works, or even what the law they hate so much says. Some seem to think it hasn't even passed yet and is still up for debate.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, when I was a UT student going to summer school in 1966, I got to see first hand what a school shooting massacre looks like.

Those "objectors" in the videos aren't very objective at all. I wonder if they've stopped going off campus since the first Texas CHL laws were passed?

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    They truly do not understand that a law or sign prohibiting an activity does not in fact keep that activity from happening.

You'd think they would realize that as they are burning a doob or snorting some crushed Adderall, both prohibited and illegal activities.

Do they really think there aren't already illegal guns being carried on campus?

Last edited:

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Here's some irony: When one of these dingbat anti-gunners calls 911 for someone printing, and simply because they "don't like guns" you can make a pretty strong case for False Alarm or Report (42.06). Being on campus makes said false alarm a felony.

TXI, What's you're take on it?

Top Bottom