• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Largest gun show in the world. Is anybody planning on going to this?? Still 2-1/2 months out. Thought I should attend this one for the first time. 4600 tables. Antique/collectables to modern-and then some. Whether as vendors, individuals, or groups . What say ye??
    Military Camp

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Had not previously heard of these shows. Visited their site and, wow:

If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table.

Might mean increased odds for a solid deal compared to smaller shows.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    I've been to and worked that show numerous times. There is one in the Spring and one in the Fall. When I say you can find just about anything at the show I'm not overselling it. Folks go to that show from all over the country.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I have gone several times to the spring and fall event. Not planning on making it this spring.
    No other show even compares, but the crowd can be overwhelming. I reserve a room in Tulsa and make it a full weekend evert. Unless you are into sprinting it is not possible to walk the whole thing in one day. I took my wife once, not a good move. That time I ran short of funds long before I completed the trek.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes definitely two day affair if done leisurely....bad thing even with an FFL I can't buy handguns and walk out with them, they have to be shipped.

Might have to look at going....... my Buddy in Norman and I have gone a few times but it has been awhile.........

jnynetwk

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    Victoria, TX
    I've heard good thing about this show from friends in nearby Owasso. I also heard the fall show was better than the spring show - more/better stuff? Does that ring true to anyone who has been to both?

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    I went a few years ago with my father in law. Man that show was amazing. Only issue I had was if you pass over on something with the possibility of coming back to it in hopes of finding a better deal, by the time you make it a quarter of the way through, what you wanted is probably already gone.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Some TGT folks went up there a few years ago. I remember them saying it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was one.

I think it's something to go to see, at least once even if you aren't looking to buy anything particular.
    We made a weekend of it. It's much more enjoyable not feeling like you are fighting the clock.

If I was still buying like I was then, I would go back.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Largest gun show in the world. Is anybody planning on going to this?? Still 2-1/2 months out. Thought I should attend this one for the first time. 4600 tables. Antique/collectables to modern-and then some. Whether as vendors, individuals, or groups . What say ye??
    SAR in Phoenix is bigger, Wannamaker advertises as the largest in one building...SAR Old West has 5 buildings and a huge outdoor vendor area
    I have displayed several times at both and honestly I can't say which that I enjoy most. Kinda lean towards SAR Old West due to variety. Tulsa is a fun town and I'll be a the spring fling ;)

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    SAR in Phoenix is bigger, Wannamaker advertises as the largest in one building...SAR Old West has 5 buildings and a huge outdoor vendor area
    I have displayed several times at both and honestly I can't say which that I enjoy most. Kinda lean towards SAR Old West due to variety. Tulsa is a fun town and I'll be a the spring fling ;)
    Cool! I should’ve known somebody was gonna say theirs is bigger!LOL. No pics, please!!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Been to that one too many, many moons ago. I remember my buddy buying crates of x39, I just wish I could remember the price. I want to say they were like $75 each..that's how long ago it was.

kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    I went for the second time in November. It is as big as they say. I got in Friday afternoon with a buddy who is a vendor and I still barely finished the show by Sunday! Plenty of crazy prices as usual but some good deals hidden here and there. And no annoying crap like tasers and purses and whatnot.

I grabbed me a Greek Mannlicher-Schonauer and a MAS36

Top Bottom