DK Firearms

Water instead of windshield washer fluid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    So I've been using my sprayers to try and cool off my windshield and back window (Prius is a microwave) It seem to be working, I think. But I think I'm going through a lot of it. I would like to use more of it to cool my windows down, but I try to be sparing with it. My thought is what if I mix in some water or use straight water? Does anyone else do this?

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    Guns International

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So I've been using my sprayers to try and cool off my windshield and back window (Prius is a microwave) It seem to be working, I think. But I think I'm going through a lot of it. I would like to use more of it to cool my windows down, but I try to be sparing with it. My thought is what if I mix in some water or use straight water? Does anyone else do this?

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    WTF are you talking about?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    49hd3i.jpg

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Haha, guys. Read about it somewhere on the internet a while ago. Only recently I've been trying it out in this heat. Someone I know or knew told me about how they would spray the roof of their travel trailer and it would cool it down better. I got 116F~ in my car and it was only 96F out today. Cracked the windows and have a sunshade. I've had some 5% ceramic tint put on, supposed to block uv/heat/yadda yadda. (25%front 5%rear tint brow) I'm not sure about how well it works. That used to be how I would get the best results, but it seems when I crack the windows is gets hotter than it used to.

My thought is the windows are like the walls of a box. These walls are hot. You are in the center of the box. Spray water on the walls to bring the temperature of the walls down... Along with the full blast of AC for MAXIMUM cooling. It sucks going from a hot work, to a hot car, to a hot house. My car sure does blow cool air, but it doesn't seem to cool down the cabin very well.

I just wanted to know if anyone else did this to cool down their vehicle. But it would seem not. :roflsmile:Maybe one of these days I'll actually feel if it makes any difference to the windows.

Top Bottom