• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Howdy Houston Group

Well its now official. I am headed to Arizona at the end of the month.

If anyone is interested in some Pizza and Beer I am going to be throwing a little get together at my place June 30th in the afternoon.

Price of admission is carrying a few things down to the moving truck. All volunteers welcome. PM me for directions.

I am sure that I will be back at some point. Have to see how work goes and when you guys do a Hicksville day in the future.

Radioman
    Texas SOT

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Pros:
    Arizona recognizes the Texas CHL
    You will be hundreds of miles further from the garbage in the northeast than you are now

Cons:
    You will be hundreds of miles closer to the garbage in that place on the west coast
    You won't be in Texas

Good luck with everything! See you at the next Hicksville!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Well that's a good thing for your gun rights. At least you'll still be on the site. We'll miss ya, even though you always call me out for not dressing like a terrorist and associate me with the likes of AKmike lol.

Last edited:

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Well that's a good thing for your gun rights. At least you'll still be on the site. We'll miss ya, even though you always call me out for not dressing like a terrorist and associate me with the likes of AKmike lol.

And flinching on a known dry fire. So come on out and help me move. Pizza and beer after the truck is packed.

Radioman

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks everybody.. I am going to miss Texas and all the cool folks that are here. Maybe I'll move back in the future never know. I am for sure going to try to get back for a Hicksville Shoot. Just not sure when.

AZ is hot, but not hot and humid, just hot. It wasnt bad the weekend I was there and it was already 100+ and it didnt feel as bad as the humid 85 that was going on here in Houston. Just have to keep something liquid around to combat the dryness.

The gun rights are better there, Open or Concealed carry once you cross the state line. But they have their quirks like anywhere else. Just a new set of rules to figure out. Good thing is the Company I work for is full of gun nuts so finding folks to go shooting with and getting the skinny on all the good places shouldn't be an issue. Just hope they have someplace like Hicksville, that is been the coolest range I have ever been too.

Radioman

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've got to agree Radio, I've lived in or within 2hrs of Houston my whole life and I'm STILL not used to the humidity. :(

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I can truthfuly say texas lost a cool white dude!
    May Az treat you well, and understand what they have gained!!
    You will be missed...

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    1tkt5.jpg

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Thanks everybody.. I am going to miss Texas and all the cool folks that are here. Maybe I'll move back in the future never know. I am for sure going to try to get back for a Hicksville Shoot. Just not sure when.

AZ is hot, but not hot and humid, just hot. It wasnt bad the weekend I was there and it was already 100+ and it didnt feel as bad as the humid 85 that was going on here in Houston. Just have to keep something liquid around to combat the dryness.

The gun rights are better there, Open or Concealed carry once you cross the state line. But they have their quirks like anywhere else. Just a new set of rules to figure out. Good thing is the Company I work for is full of gun nuts so finding folks to go shooting with and getting the skinny on all the good places shouldn't be an issue. Just hope they have someplace like Hicksville, that is been the coolest range I have ever been too.

Radioman
    When I sold my business I moved to Scottsdale, lived there 6 yrs 6 mo and happiness was seeing AZ in my rear view mirror.

Pro's: Its Jan and 75, blue skies

DIVERSE terrain from Sonoran Desert to the 'High Country called the The Rim. They get snow and lots of it

Lots to see and do if you like the outdoors and open spaces away from the city, where you are mostly free to go and shoot as you see fit. Camp where you want, drive where you want.

Con's:

Its Liberal with guns and who like the outdoors

It Aug/Sep, blue skies, humidity is 4% and the street temps on asphalt are in the 130's, so are the temps out in the washes if you go in for off roading

Barrett Jackson Auction: Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions (which is a GOOD THING!) is held on city property. It grown like a weed, so the city expanded the venue by buying a TENT for the auction, a BIG tent, it was used and cost $2.3M IIRC, painted on the top of the tent was the American Flag, 100 yds long ON TOP so you could see it from a plane. People went FRIGGING BESERK screaming the flag would "LOWER THEIR HOME VALUES" etc etc etc. Result was the city spent and additional $300,000 to PAINT OVER THE AMERICAN FLAG because it was OFFENSIVE!

MOST of the land in AZ is owned by the US GOVT, BLM

Sure Glad to be back home in Texas

Last edited:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    It grown like a weed, so the city expanded the venue by buying a TENT for the auction, a BIG tent, it was used and cost $2.3M IIRC, painted on the top of the tent was the American Flag, 100 yds long ON TOP so you could see it from a plane. People went FRIGGING BESERK screaming the flag would "LOWER THEIR HOME VALUES" etc etc etc. Result was the city spent and additional $300,000 to PAINT OVER THE AMERICAN FLAG because it was OFFENSIVE!

How the F**K is that even possible?!

Top Bottom