• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "Sniper teams are in place and Austin's police department has sent its SWAT team to assist in operations, according to Duesler. He estimates that there are between 100 and 150 officers on the scene"

Texas standoff continues as police release names of the wounded - CNN.com

I recall hearing people say a SWAT team and the armored car just went by the shop yesterday.

So they got 150 cops standing around trying to figure out what to do with this guy? How about they just fill the trailer with enough lead to kill an elephant and go scrape his body off the walls? Sounds legit to me. He's already shot two cops and a civilian.
    Capitol Armory ad

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I was there last night. The property owner denied acess to a Oil field worker. The guy got two sheriffs and thought he would gain acess but the property owner shot all of them.
    The two deputies were rookies. After the guy shot all of them he decided to help himself to the patroll car.
    Latter the Odessa swat team showed up in there swat mobile. The guy shot the tires out on the swat mobile rendering it useless. " I told them people it needed foam filled tire, but noooo, dont listen to me"....
    When I was there last night talking to a deputy friend, I asked why they just dont shoot the guy and get it over with? He said they couldnt get a shot on him because he already took out all the swat vehicles..

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I think he was a rural Muslim Jihadist training with a simi auto in is trailer home.
    Some great news quotes from the links above

Police found weapons on White's property following the standoff, but Barton said he was not sure what caliber or how many.

White's 3- to 4-acre property was littered with trash and included a trailer, abandoned vehicles and a dirt mound, which Barton described as fortress-like and equipped with trenches and "fighting positions."

Duesler said during the standoff that White "has a history of not liking law enforcement. [He] doesn't like what it stands for in general and sees it as a threat to his rights."

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I have dirt mounds on my property, guns, a most of the time I dont like Law Enforcement either..
    So does that mean im going to shoot at everybody, I dont think so.
    There is a better reason for what this guy did,and I aint buying the whole blame it and the nut job bit.
    If LE considered him to be a nut case for the past 15 years , then why hasnt somethin been done about him before all this..

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I agree,but better to let them have what they want.Its much harder to fight back from a jail cell being charged for attempted murder

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I'll tell yall exactly what I told the cops at the scene last night.
    When LE enters a mans property " unwanted and without permission" what else would you expect!
    They claim the guy didnt like LE, but yet they sent two rookie deputies out there to address the issue.
    Im not defending the shooters actions, but I wont defend the sheriffs department either! They could have hanlded this a lot better and maybe no one would have gotton hurt. The "we can do whatever we want to" attitude of todays LE doesnt do anyone any good.
    They claim he has been a loon for the past 15 years, but nothing has been done to help the man or prevent this from happening.
    I think this entire event could have been avoided.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'll tell yall exactly what I told the cops at the scene last night.
    When LE enters a mans property " unwanted and without permission" what else would you expect!
    They claim the guy didnt like LE, but yet they sent two rookie deputies out there to address the issue.
    Im not defending the shooters actions, but I wont defend the sheriffs department either! They could have hanlded this a lot better and maybe no one would have gotton hurt. The "we can do whatever we want to" attitude of todays LE doesnt do anyone any good.
    They claim he has been a loon for the past 15 years, but nothing has been done to help the man or prevent this from happening.
    I think this entire event could have been avoided.

If he was out there to repossess something by legitimate reasons, then yes, the Sherriff is right in coming out there. Sending "rookies" in to do something as simple as this doesn't sound like a bad idea. So what if the guy doesn't like the police, who's to say the rookies weren't aware of this, or trained in how to deal with it?

The issue here is the nut job that shot 3 people that had legitimate and legal claim to property on his land. This guy sounds like your typical, "I don't like that, so I'm going to pick up my SKS and shoot them" retard mentality.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Latter the Odessa swat team showed up in there swat mobile. The guy shot the tires out on the swat mobile rendering it useless. " I told them people it needed foam filled tire, but noooo, dont listen to me"....

I'm sorry, but that has to be the world's most retarded SWAT team. At the point a vehicle full of armored and kitted up, trained police gets rendered useless by one guy in a single position ... you need to just give up being SWAT. First, the position should have had overwatch, secondly, they should have been returning fire. That guy isn't going to be placing accurate shots with 50 rounds of .223 zipping over his head every time he pops up.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    If he was out there to repossess something by legitimate reasons, then yes, the Sherriff is right in coming out there. Sending "rookies" in to do something as simple as this doesn't sound like a bad idea. So what if the guy doesn't like the police, who's to say the rookies weren't aware of this, or trained in how to deal with it?

The issue here is the nut job that shot 3 people that had legitimate and legal claim to property on his land. This guy sounds like your typical, "I don't like that, so I'm going to pick up my SKS and shoot them" retard mentality.
    I dont think I knew the guy, but I sure hate to see something like this happen. I dont think the guy's pipe trailer was getting repossed. I actually think he simply had it in the way and the oil field guy couldnt access the property to check the pumping unit. Whats really off the wall, is after the guy shot everybody, he jumped in the deputies P.U. and went cruzing around. When he was spotted, he ended up getting shot at the whole way home. When the new Odessa Swat vehicle showed up, he just shot all the tire's on it and they couldnt do anything..
    When a mess like this happens, I think something else could have been done to prevent it. Man, I go all over the place and find myself dealing with people who I think are a little off the rocker, but I dont seem to be getting shot. Show people a little respect and it'll go a long way.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I dont think I knew the guy, but I sure hate to see something like this happen. I dont think the guy's pipe trailer was getting repossed. I actually think he simply had it in the way and the oil field guy couldnt access the property to check the pumping unit. Whats really off the wall, is after the guy shot everybody, he jumped in the deputies P.U. and went cruzing around. When he was spotted, he ended up getting shot at the whole way home. When the new Odessa Swat vehicle showed up, he just shot all the tire's on it and they couldnt do anything..
    When a mess like this happens, I think something else could have been done to prevent it. Man, I go all over the place and find myself dealing with people who I think are a little off the rocker, but I dont seem to be getting shot. Show people a little respect and it'll go a long way.
    Why did the oil field worker have the right to enter the man's property?

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Why did the oil field worker have the right to enter the man's property?

Well service guys have to be able to service the pump jacks, and have an easement right to do so whenever needed...it's one of the things that keep those royalty checks coming!

I haven't kept up with this story, been kinda busy the past few days...but sounds like he kinda made fools out of the LEO's, what ever the reason....maybe it was because they showed restraint in the first place, or maybe it was because of poor training for this kind of situation. In a lot of counties in West Texas and other areas, too, the training the officers get isn't much if any other than what they had to have to pass the test to get the certificate.

The swat team in San Angelo is a joke. I know most of the guys on it, and have seen them shoot...and if SHTF the safest place to be is in front of them when shooting starts. Spray and Pray is kinda the moto they use. Lucky this guy didn't systematically shoot each one of the guys on the scene in the ass just to piss them off, sounds like he was better equipped mentally for the fight that broke out then they were, and that is always half the battle!

Before it is said again....anti cop? nope. Anti ass-wipe with a badge and authority that believes he is f'ing superman and has all of the answers and anyone not holding a badge is automatically a perp that needs to be treated as such? EVERY F'ING DAY OF THE WEEK. People like that have NO business with a badge, a gun, and a pay check that MY TAX MONEY provides.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I think he's been captured, or whatever. Several thing you cannot successfully do : Mess with Superman's cape, spit into the wind, and seriously shoot at preachers with a badge !
    It was reported that the actor had a place dug out with trenches and hidey holes, so it appears that he was a wannabee warrior looking and waiting for an opportunity to play real commando...One gun waving looney makes regular firearm owners look bad and the loony media and the loonier lefty gun haters will add fuel to the controversy. I pray that the victims of the shooting regain full health and are not permanently physically nor psycologically damaged. And for Mr. Commando, he can worry about shanks and shivs in his new home. Or the
    wonderful ethnic gangs also living in there.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Update!!!
    Well I figured out who this Victor SOB is.
    Fro several years, some stupid SOB in west Odessa flew the American flag upside down!! It was him that did all this.
    Yall wont hear it on the news but here it is. Victor was active with this craze idiot that got busted by the Feds several years ago down in Ft. Davis.. Some kind of extreem Texas Secession group.. Since then Victor always flew an American Flag upside down. "Asshole". He had a history of being a jackass to everybody. Always talking stupid crap and threatening anyone that came around.
    The news claims he was a loon with guns but never mentioned anything about his AntiAmerican attitude.

Top Bottom