• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jedi54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    DFW, Texas
    I definitely did not train as much as I would have liked in 2023 so that is something I'm looking to rectify this year.

My current plans.
    1. Tactical Trauma / Stop the Bleed
    2. Pistol Red Dot course - April
    3. Rifle CQB - May
    Trying to think of at least one more class. Might look at a course at Thunder Ranch for the fall.

How about the rest of you?
    Venture Surplus ad

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    My training plans actually will make me more of a trainer and advance coach for kid's shootings teams. I am currently a 4H shooting coach but I am being proposed to take certifications for being a SCTP coach for shotgun sports and SASP Coach for rifle and pistol competitions plus getting prepped for NSCA level 1 certification, but I need to see how my younger daughter will do first since my oldest is graduating this year. I have also been asked to get certified with 4H to also coach for rifle teams so my list and schedule will be very busy but in reality, anything for our kids willing to take this route to not only advance their skills and knowledge of firearms handling but giving them the opportunity to fight for their future careers and goals for better education with generous thanks from these organizations to assist in scholarships.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Never saw the need for it. Been shooting over 50 years, and can hit what I aim at.
    If I wanted to play Soldier or SWAT team, I would've joined a long time ago.
    Oh yes. Despite me loving what i do and no regrets starting and training more techniques over the years, it still does get old and will take its toll on your body. I now say to people becareful what you ask for and prepare for some physical pain. I will say I do not miss doing push ups in the mud and running six miles in the rain.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I don't take firearms training courses. I do take 1st aid, trauma care and other medical courses. Those are more useful to me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Training is vital for 2 things..
    Maintaining and keeping your mobility and building and maintaining muscle.
    Both of these things directly effect your quality of life and your life expectancy

The less mobility you have the more muscle you lose. You need muscle to do almost everything.
    Stand, sit, get up from a chair, walk to the mailbox, take a shower..

Also if you were to get sick..your muscle is your life force in the bank.
    If you've ever seen a very thin person get gravely ill..they don't live long usually.

Your body adapts to what you are doing .
    If you sit on your ass all day and eat trash food..well..expect to be heading downhill with your health.

If you push your body even a few times a week to do hard things..it adapts to those and gets stronger and more mobile.

Get busy living..or get busy dying

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I definitely did not train as much as I would have liked in 2023 so that is something I'm looking to rectify this year.

My current plans.
    1. Tactical Trauma / Stop the Bleed
    2. Pistol Red Dot course - April
    3. Rifle CQB - May
    Trying to think of at least one more class. Might look at a course at Thunder Ranch for the fall.

How about the rest of you?

Interesting, who are you taking the pistol and rifle classes with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’m taking a Fundamentals course with Ben Stoeger in a few weeks. Will be hilarious as I’ve never shot a USPSA course before but a Marine friend of mine is coming down for it and he wanted me to take it with him. I’m going to embarrass myself I’m sure. Should be fun though and I always need more pistol work.

Top Bottom