DK Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Well, I got some mandrel dies. I kinda feel shooting smaller groups is a good thing.
    ad6e7b6b2b462b78b573f89d5422db7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I`m the guy TxMark says makes the shot Capsules. I also do 45cal and 44 Mag. I can do just about anything just need to do some test prints and get the right size. The ones i make do include the capsule and a cap. You can text me at 512.554.8541
    The board has rules against business ads from folks who haven't bought a commercial account. In this case, with just this one post (I'll ignore the one from March:)) in this spot, I don't think the board owner or any of the staff will get their knickers in a twist.

When you get a few more posts and get used to the place, you should contact texcross and ask about a commercial account. There are very inexpensive options for businesses that members run off their kitchen table or out of their garage.

Welcome to TGT and I hope you find a home here.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    45 rnds of 22 Hornet.
    Size, deprime
    Clean pockets
    No trim needed
    Tumble
    Chamfer
    Seat primers= Rem @ 6 1/2
    Powder fill= H110 @9.0 gr
    Seat bullets= 40gr Sierra soft point
    One at a time on a single stage RCBS
    with hand tools and a balance scale
    Take picture
    Lable for recipe

Attachments

• 20240516_130121.jpg
      20240516_130121.jpg
      182.4 KB · Views: 12
    • 20240516_135428.jpg
      20240516_135428.jpg
      175.5 KB · Views: 13

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Cleaning the house and found stuff I no longer need. Can't post an ad due to I am still to new to Texas Gun Talk.
    ....or pay $10. Problem solved.

...or you can spam post a bunch of random threads and create a negative reputation for yourself so that even when you can sell here people won't want to deal with you.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    The board has rules against business ads from folks who haven't bought a commercial account. In this case, with just this one post (I'll ignore the one from March:)) in this spot, I don't think the board owner or any of the staff will get their knickers in a twist.

When you get a few more posts and get used to the place, you should contact texcross and ask about a commercial account. There are very inexpensive options for businesses that members run off their kitchen table or out of their garage.

Welcome to TGT and I hope you find a home here
    Almost a year ago, I put a notification of stock on hand request with 2 suppliers for Speer 8780 38 caliber shot capsules and put it on my wish list. I managed to get 2 boxes shipped. I was not sure how good they were but after I received the first one, I knew what to do with them and placed the order from the 2nd supplier. That stock vanished quickly.

I'm impressed with the capsules, but have not had time to load any of them yet but will soon.

I got another shipment Saturday for more 357 Starline brass and 300 more CBC 9mm brass (good price) and a box of 500 Zero bullets 38 Spec/.357 JHP bullets. (good price)

Prices have gone up on some stuff, but a lot of sales are going on with reloading supplies. There is actually some inventory.

Dave

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Haven't done much in the last week and a half. I got approved for my plumbing test finally so been focusing on that for a while. Passed though. Might be moving upstairs at work now so that's great news.

Played the raffles the last 2 weeks and won both. I have an annealing machine coming as well as some more alpha brass. I was off the past 2 days so I loaded up 50 rounds of 7-08 thursday after my test and let the ruger back a little friday. Now I have a new timney trigger coming for that one as well from one of the raffles.

I finally ran out of bullets for 9mm so I'm gonna process some wheel weights tomorrow to cast to ingots. Probably too hot to cast more for now but I'll work on the others I have to reload. 223, 45, 10, 40, and 380.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Yesterday I discovered that a Lyman Universal Case Trimmer will NOT trim 45-110 cases; the "universal" collet won't accept a 0.603" rim. I guess Plan B is going to involve finding someone who has 45-100 brass they don't need.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yesterday I discovered that a Lyman Universal Case Trimmer will NOT trim 45-110 cases; the "universal" collet won't accept a 0.603" rim. I guess Plan B is going to involve finding someone who has 45-100 brass they don't need.
    In the past, RCBS has made 45-100 Sharps and 45-100 Ballard trim dies. I don't see them in the current catalog but maybe someone has a NOS or well-cared-for used die that would work for you. Maybe RCBS has a couple of uncataloged dies sitting on a shelf in inventory gathering dust; they might be happy to get rid of them.

Seems to me a call to RCBS and a couple of "Want to Buy" ads on the right forums might fix you right up, assuming your current investment in 45-110 brass is sufficiently large that you think it's worth the trouble.

Also, RCBS currently catalogs a 45-90 trim die. Could that die be backed off and used?

Note - I have no experience with these cartridges so take this post as the musings of an incompetent amateur.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I loaded 100 rounds of .38 Special using my small stash of Argentine primers I detailed elsewhere. They're working fine for me now. The problems I had with them initially turned out to be a gun issue. Nice to know they'll work if need be.

I picked up some powder from Cabelas/Bass Pro. Two pounds each of HP38 and CFE Pistol. I ordered it online and had it shipped to the store to avoid hazmat/shipping fees. Powder's been kind of iffy, they had it, full retail but no premium or extra fees. What ya gonna do? Didn't need it that bad but felt like stocking up a little. Ran me right at $100 with tax but I had Cabelas points and a gift card that covered it all.

I've never used CFE Pistol before. I'm hoping it'll work for reduced loads in .41 Magnum. Plus I'm still not where I want to get too with lead bullets in the 9mm. Maybe it'll work for that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom