• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    The plan is to get my car professionally tinted after I get my windshield replaced. My research says I can have a 6" strip on my windshield, 25% lowest on the front side windows, anything on the rear side and trunk windows. However I've seen many tint shops showing full windshield tint and I've asked them if it was illegal and they're all like nope. I have noticed it seems like Dodge Chargers come off the lot with 5% tint all around. Police vehicles seem to have 5% on the sides and rear. Maybe sometimes on the windshield as well.

There are a lot of vehicles where I can't see the driver through the windshield. I wish I knew what my old Honda had. I'd go with it. I remember not having to flip the mirror at night for headlights. It had a strip on the windshield. I'm not sure if the tint % were all the same or not. Still miss that car.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    DK Firearms

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    The plan is to get my car professionally tinted after I get my windshield replaced. My research says I can have a 6" strip on my windshield, 25% lowest on the front side windows, anything on the rear side and trunk windows. However I've seen many tint shops showing full windshield tint and I've asked them if it was illegal and they're all like nope. I have noticed it seems like Dodge Chargers come off the lot with 5% tint all around. Police vehicles seem to have 5% on the sides and rear. Maybe sometimes on the windshield as well.

There are a lot of vehicles where I can't see the driver through the windshield. I wish I knew what my old Honda had. I'd go with it. I remember not having to flip the mirror at night for headlights. It had a strip on the windshield. I'm not sure if the tint % were all the same or not. Still miss that car.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    Not just that, but stealth paint + non reflective lights on the newer THP vehicles. Seems unsafe too me!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Thanks,
    Higgins909

I think you are getting some bad info. Try this:

Texas Window Tint Laws - Car Tint Law

and

Window Tinting Standards | Department of Public Safety (texas.gov)

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Get a Safelite windshield. They are harder than most of the darned rocks around here. No I don't work for them or own any of their stock; just two of their windshields. Truck has no marks after 8 years.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

There’s no mention of full front windshield tint levels. On my wife’s new car we had film applied to the front windshield for heat rejection, not sure if it has any % of tint level to it or not.

We do have the “eyebrow” on the top 5” of windshield as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Get a Safelite windshield. They are harder than most of the darned rocks around here. No I don't work for them or own any of their stock; just two of their windshields. Truck has no marks after 8 years.
    This is who I'm doing it through. Supposedly I'm getting a OEE or aftermarket and not OEM. I was wanting a OEM. My appointment is set for April 3rd. Which was the nearest weekend that they could get me. I didn't get a clear answer why they wouldn't drive out to my house or work. IDK if I want to try and change it or not. I have partial tint on my car and the heat is very bad. I assume it's my rear windows with no tint on them making so much heat, because of the flat angle it's at. (Prius)

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Wifes suburban came factory tinted on rear 5, clear on front 2. I had the front 2 done with 28% or whatever the tint shop had for "legal". The back 5 I had done over factory with 20%.

My wagon was the same for final tint except it came with no tint from the factory.

Anything darker than 20 gets a bit iffy at night. I remember a buddy in high-school (90's) had a Ford galaxy with 5 all the way around. That was dark as hell. It may be easier to manage in the Era of reversing cameras though.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom