• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I need some assitance guys and gals.

My "boss" is giving me a "bonus gift" for my last year of productivity at work. He wants me to find something between $7500 and $10,000. I'm at a loss on what to get, should I go for multiple firearms or one single fantastic rifle.

I've considered the Magnum Research kit with all of the 6in and 10 in barrels and all calibers in brushed nickel or possibly one of the barret rifles in .338 Lupua. I've also considered a few S & W 15's or something equivelent to that type of weapon. I already possess numerous handguns from .22 to 45 ACP and similar in rifles and shotguns.

I need some suggestions PLEASE.
    Texas SOT

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    A fully kitted-out Barrett should run right about that... So long as you buy the right scope for it, which a lot of people don't.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Does your home need any repairs? Your vehicle?

If I were to spend that amount on guns I might find a nice Title II mini Uzi.

31BBear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I think I would just ask for the cash and go shopping myself. Same thing I keep telling my fiance, family and friends for Birthdays and holidays, but they never listen. LOL.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you are going to go the AR route, I sure wouldn't be dabbling in S&W's with that kind of money. Think KAC, Noveske, etc.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I don't have to spend it on guns per se, he just knows I like things that go bang and suggested he would like to buy me something REALLY "nice". I just don't know what would be suitable. Maybe a pull behind for the lease, or a good down payment on a boat of some type. IDK

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Your boss sounds like a hell of a guy!
    If you have plenty of guns, I would look into sporting goods, ATV's, badass Blazer, or something you could use that you dont have.
    If I was making house payment's, I might even put the money toward that..

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Yes he is. Very GENEROUS throughout the year with bonuses as well. House is paid for, don't really need or want anything, might just save it and put it towards a chunk of land besides my burial plot, LOL.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Well guy's got my new toy, a Knight's Arms SR 25 EM Carbine. .308 Cal, sweet little gun, very little felt recoil. I had a chance to run 20 rds thru her yesterday, I'm a hell of a lot more accurate and consistant with her than I am with my sig 556 classic. Ordered 1K rds and 5 extra mags today.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Heh, came too late to the thread. Was going to suggest a top tier AR-10, but you already got it. :)

Another alternative is a decked out reloading set that's automated as much as possible. Ammo on tap!

Top Bottom