• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    th-287164147.jpg

If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in the world, would there?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    If you prosecuted criminals severally enough this wouldn’t be a problem.

There’s a billboard here in town talking about citizens are the first line of defense, and something about “lock it up or lose it.” That’s ridiculous. While I understand that there will always be some who think they can get away with it, the level of crime these days is directly tied to criminals knowing there are little to no consequences.

I saw an article recently where some folks were overseas in the Middle East somewhere and they left their phones and wallets sitting by their drinks and wandered off for a little while. Not a thing was touched because the penalties are severe for theft.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I saw this in person in Saudi and Bahrain.

Same in many countries across the ME and, oddly enough, parts of Italy. Wife left her purse in a cafe in Sienna pre-riposo; came back as soon as everyone opened back up. Shop owner called the Carabinieri who inventoried it and took possession less than three minutes after we left in the afternoon (according to the police report). Got it all back, to the euro cent later that day.

When we came back, shop owner physically took us to the Carabinieri dude that responded who took us to the station and handed us off to the dude who processed it, who took us to the Chief who thanked us for coming to get our possessions so they would be able to close the ‘case’.

Apparently the region in-around Tuscany does not tolerate thievery. Something like >90% of the lost and found items in his district were returned to the rightful owners.

Top Bottom