• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    The decrease has been going on for 50ish years. So are you saying that the recent soft on crime policies in liberal areas over the past few years is responsible for the decreased crime rates over several decades? Despite the long term downward trend, there has been an increase over the past few years, as reported by the people that you say are presenting biased results. The soft on crime policies have not resulted in less crime reported, they have resulted in less convictions, so your argument does not hold water. I could get on board with the idea that the data is skewed, one way or the other, but if it’s skewed lower then it’s all skewed lower and the point remains that over the decades crime has decreased.

This is getting pretty far from the fact that whataburgers issues are not related to less people going to church these days.
    Blue cities should point to these data and continue to defund the police, increase thresholds for arrests, reduce sentences/offer timed served for various crimes. Follow the science!
    Target Sports

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Can anyone name a 'Red City'...anywhere?

Most of the ones that used to exist have been taken over by domestic marxists.

Sadly, not one major metropolitan city in Texas is red...marxists love to live and take over in urban areas.

They then corrupt them with their evil politics...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Correlation is not causation, as you point out.

A decline in Americans embracing Judea-Christian values has a direct impact on families and the raising of children. As well as on ethics of all types. Causation exists.

Are you telling me that crime today is lower than it was in the 50's? I don't think so. Don't confuse short term trends with long term trends. Also, the decline in policing (driven by liberals) should be taken into account.

Much of the above list has nothing to do with the topic. The point is not made. The logic fails and is false.

Even though much of the U.S. was not practicing in regard to religion, the basic values were largely shared. {So, H this is not merely a knock on those who don't attend church.} That stopped being true decades ago. And with that morals and ethics in the U.S. began to decline.

To counter the above list, and where causation does exist, just look at the trans and aberrant sexual practices that are now not just acknowledged, not just accepted, but celebrated. Kids being mutilated for life by immoral parents. Encouraged by other immoral people.

Follow your own advice and examine causation.
    Your attempt to associate church with these issues seems to be more of an attempt at advertising for church than a legitimate argument for that actually being the cause of any issues in the country. Another member pointed out a lot of things that are better now than in the past. You can’t just pick and choose what to associate with church based on what looks best for your narrative.
    Look at the data from 1900 to present. Then we will talk.
    Data from back then seems iffy, but the estimates that paint 1900 in the best light show the homicide rate both leading up to, and following 1900, as higher than current, with most of the time between then and now(starting about 1912) being higher than current. So 1900 is a low point during a time where homicides were generally more common than now. We can go back even further than 1900 if you’d like but those graphs make today look even better.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Your attempt to associate church with these issues seems to be more of an attempt at advertising for church than a legitimate argument for that actually being the cause of any issues in the country. Another member pointed out a lot of things that are better now than in the past. You can’t just pick and choose what to associate with church based on what looks best for your narrative.

Data from back then seems iffy, but the estimates that paint 1900 in the best light show the homicide rate both leading up to, and following 1900, as higher than current, with most of the time between then and now(starting about 1912) being higher than current. So 1900 is a low point during a time where homicides were generally more common than now. We can go back even further than 1900 if you’d like but those graphs make today look even better.
    And you can't pick items that are totally unrelated to support your opinion. Well, you can, but it is invalid. Read up on causation vs. correlation.

Look at total crime over more than the past 20 years and you will see it is worse. How many people today leave their houses unlocked? Car doors unlocked and keys in the ignition? How many people let their kids go off and play anywhere in town with no fear that harm will come to them? Those things were once common. Not anymore. Reality.

Last word is yours.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    At what point to all jobs become "pointless"?
    At some point in the near future, robots combined with AI will be able to do almost all the manual tasks that humans can do.
    The problem with that is what are all these people going to do for a living if there's no jobs?
    We are all going on welfare and EBT our food (bugs).

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    SPNIC AND WHATABURGER ARE STILL OUR TOP CHOICES FOR FAST FOOD BURGERS!
    Wow I am socked and appalled by you choices. First for eating fast food and then naming them. Sales barn cafe in Elkhart has a good non corporate death burger and it’s a local business.

I heard that once a month can’t remember which Sunday veterans get a free breakfast. Whatashittyburger and Sonic just take your money and gives nothing back to the community especially the veterans.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Seems like an over reaction.
    Fսck you!
    This is why I love the new self order menus at restaurants. I am all in favor of technology taking over pointless jobs.
    Automation engineers deserve a living wage! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    One job is done away with and a new job is created. automation tends to get rid of entry level jobs. I’m on the fence about whether or not I think that’s much of a problem.
    Tier 1 tech support is an entry level job. So is remote hands.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    About 35 years ago one of my sons started flipping burgers at the Capital Plaza Mickey D’s in Austin for his summer job.
    The first day at work he was put on the cash register by noontime because the manager discovered he was the only one on that shift who knew how to make the correct change.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    About 35 years ago one of my sons started flipping burgers at the Capital Plaza Mickey D’s in Austin for his summer job.
    The first day at work he was put on the cash register by noontime because the manager discovered he was the only one on that shift who knew how to make the correct change.
    Back in the early 80s I did work for a trucking company that delivers to McDonalds stores.
    I did a few road service calls while the trucks were delivering and witnessed the crap that goes on getting from the trailer to the store. I have not been to a McDonalds, or any other fast food place since.

Top Bottom