• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samr46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Pretty much any gun I purchase is an older model.

The costs associated with buying on Gunbroker have gotten too out of hand for me. Shipping , sales tax, transfer fee, and now a “compliance” just add too much.

I guess if you’re looking for something specific and find it there, you grin & bear it.

Gun shows pretty much all suck and aren’t worth my time anymore, unless somebody knows a good one with 150 miles of Ft Worth.

My club, Parker County Sportsman’s club, has a regular “swap meet” reminiscent of the old school gun shows, only it’s small.
    I sometimes find gun on Gunbroker then go to sellers website. Usually trying to avoid ”extra” charges Or maybe find a discount.
    Capitol Armory ad

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    I think that Glenn B pretty much nailed it in his post at 9:18 P.M. on Sunday. I usually buy my guns used and mostly at internet live auctions on Proxibid, or at Gunbroker. There is always plenty of time to look the guns over, ask questions and do your own research on a gun. That's not something I have found easy to do at a gun show, estate auction or pawn shop. Have found some real gems. My own biggest challenge is not getting caught up in a bidding frenzy. The days of the Hunnert Dollah gun are long gone. Lord, I wish I'd bought more old Colts cheap back when they were $300.

tmd1505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2023
    Austin, TX
    Texas Gun Trader has been great for finding old milsurp and used guns for me, but when I decide there's something I'm looking for, I have to constantly check on the most recent, as often as every 20 minutes. The good deals always go fast. It also helps to be willing and able to drive a couple hours for the right deal. I don't mind traveling around the state picking up old guns, I'm always in a new town or area, it doesn't get old. Texas is a big, big state.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    I used to only buy guns at a local gun store in Waco, Cogdells, owned by Leo Bradswaw, he always gave me a reasonable deal and I trusted his wisdom, he was my encyclopedia of guns until the internet came along and we had google. More recently as in the past ten years I bought on gunbroker until the new changes to taxes and fees came around. I still buy there occassionally.The old gun shop on Lamar in austin had a few good deals in the past along with Webers in Temple when they were in town. Two auction sites I spent too much money on over the past few years is Clark and A&S. Clark does not charge a ffl fee but A&S used a guy from Hamilton that charged me 15 or 20 a line item and I told him he was a crook but it didn't help any on the excess charge. I like old 22's and older military semi automatics and have built a couple military demilled guns and built some bullpups from kits but have slowed down some lately. A year or so back numrich got hacked and my info went on the darkweb so numrich is a real question mark for me to get gun parts now. I'm not sure what a good price at auction is but at least I got what I wanted and time is also important to me. Hani Sadirous in Waco is also a good gun seller, he may be retired from the gun shows now though but I think he still buys estate guns, his son Sherrif has a gun shop in Gatesville and his daughter has Unique guns in Waco but she only does appointments now since covid.

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    I have been a seller at the local gun shows, 2 of them, for 4 years now.
    I'm the table you want to go to because I price my stuff at a price I would pay.
    Mostly. 22s and shotguns but sometimes I'll have hunting rifles and larger caliber handguns.
    Don't be afraid to offer what your willing to pay for a gun at a gun show, it might be accepted and you won't insult the seller if it is to low for him.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone with experience with the prestige auction houses like RIA? I've got one piece that might best be sold there and I'm curious.

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    Bass pro and/or cabellas (they share the database) website lists used guns in all the stores. I've seen some very interesting stuff go through there. Prices are what they are, but you can apply discounts and don't pay an FFL fee or shipping. Its easy enough to search and you might be surprised what oddball trade-ins they've taken. Plus a bunch of the more common fodder.

Top Bottom