• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Out of curiosity, why ankle carry? Retrieving the gun seems like it would be awkward and difficult under stress, and outright impossible in some circumstances. That, and you'll have a pound and a half of gun swinging around every time you take a step.

You might want to look into Alien Gear. I have no experience with their ankle holsters, but I have bought a few of their IWB holsters and can attest to their quality and design. They make great stuff at a very hard to beat price.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Out of curiosity, why ankle carry? Retrieving the gun seems like it would be awkward and difficult under stress, and outright impossible in some circumstances. That, and you'll have a pound and a half of gun swinging around every time you take a step.

You might want to look into Alien Gear. I have no experience with their ankle holsters, but I have bought a few of their IWB holsters and can attest to their quality and design. They make great stuff at a very hard to beat price.

For when you wear skin tight shirt and skin tight bell bottom jeans come on MAN!

I would say its a decent spot for a backup weapon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    For when you wear skin tight shirt and skin tight bell bottom jeans come on MAN!

I would say its a decent spot for a backup weapon.
    Try drawing from one and getting an accurate shot on target.

Oh, be sure you do the “stop, drop, and roll” as if you were on fire for about 20 feet before you attempt it.;)

It should dissuade most folks from this type of carry.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    A few years ago - I bought an ankle holster and used it for just 1 day.

You don't realize that when you walk with that extra weight on your leg, it throws off your rhythm. So, one leg moves faster than the other (the leg with the holster will move faster because of the extra weight).

I went for a walk with it, and after 2 blocks, my knee started to hurt. I tried it again later in the day, and that was it. Same thing. I ended up having to sell it.

I was trying it with a Kahr PM9. That Glock 26 will be even heavier, with the added rounds.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's a good point, a Glock 26 is gonna feel like an anchor. I used to carry a S&W chief special Auto in 45 in the Galco generic ankle holster and it was a bitch but it was back up and deep concealment in a job where I wasn't supposed to carry.

It's a very slow draw. Infact I went to the very back hidden pocket of a regular non gun holster fanny pack and it was much faster. Hey it was late 80s early 90s give me a break.

Anyways I would goto one of the new small single stack 9s like the Glock 43 or its clone from mossberg. Something small.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    A few years ago - I bought an ankle holster and used it for just 1 day.

You don't realize that when you walk with that extra weight on your leg, it throws off your rhythm. So, one leg moves faster than the other (the leg with the holster will move faster because of the extra weight).

I went for a walk with it, and after 2 blocks, my knee started to hurt. I tried it again later in the day, and that was it. Same thing. I ended up having to sell it.

I was trying it with a Kahr PM9. That Glock 26 will be even heavier, with the added rounds.
    Should have just put one on each ankle! :froggy: Seriously, I got one a long time ago and wore it about maybe ............. twice. Maybe easy to reach in a vehicle but ............. it's for sale!

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I run this https://www.skytactical.com/products/desantis-die-hard-s-w-shield-rh-blk?msclkid=73df1743ee70196bd990483964317de4&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping - New&utm_term=4585719404454564&utm_content=All

Ankle is a great spot for deep concealment. It's a specific location. Would you rather have no gun or one on your ankle? I'll take the ankle. Nobody will ever feel or find it on you persons.

I have one for a Springfield mod2 9mm. If you just so happen to have this very gun, let me know. I'll send your way.
    A8CA90B9-0394-4A90-AC62-C645BFFE3B17.jpeg
    2C797F6C-F057-4C63-A8B4-1CF53FB64DEA.jpeg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    They are both .380s. The Seecamp is much less pleasant than the Kel-Tec. The KT is actually pretty fun to shoot.

That's interesting - I would've thought the polymer gun would've been the less pleasant, given lighter weight.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They are both .380s. The Seecamp is much less pleasant than the Kel-Tec. The KT is actually pretty fun to shoot.
    I've had a p3At. They arent bad to shoot but I consider it a belly gun. But the first rule is to have a gun...

Top Bottom