• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You'll loose any warranty BCM has on the barrel, and in my experience, shortened barrels often don't shoot as well as ones from the factory.

Is the barrel chrome lined? If they cut it and re drill the gas port, the chrome will start chipping away.
    My grand father use to say "There's two ways to learn things, the easy way & the hard way. Unfortunately we learn the most the hard way."

Myself I like to say "Don't ask my opinion if your mind is already made up".
    Venture Surplus ad

630skirmish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2022
    Irving Texas
    S & S Precision did not remove my barrel to measure and cut the wrong amount off then pinned and welded the flash hider to a total measurement of a quarter of an inch under 16 inches. He admitted fault yet still insisted, though, that the barrel could be measured from the base versus from the breach face of the BCG which is not how the ATF measures it, which made me wary of sending it to him again despite him saying he could somehow manage to get a hold of a BCM BFH barrel that is currently out of stock. More than likely, he wanted to get it back and waste my time installing multiple washers or a cheaper barrel and then still charging me for the job, which was initially $160 and was finally billed as $220 without telling me in advance.

Lots of red flags, so in the end, it's better to cut ties. If it wasn't for him insisting that you could measure the barrel the wrong way, him admitting he never removed the barrel from the upper in the first place but still charged me for a full disassembly, and reassembly job, and then charging me more than agreed and trying to convince me it was BCM's fault for either having too short a barrel or the wrong size hand guard (neither of those things are true), I may have sent it back to let him fix it, but all of that gave me a bad feeling, and I felt that he may make the situation worse for me and waste more of my time and money.

I tried to persuade him to just send me money for either the barrel or flash hider, but he refused so here is his review.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    S & S Precision did not remove my barrel to measure and cut the wrong amount off then pinned and welded the flash hider to a total measurement of a quarter of an inch under 16 inches. He admitted fault yet still insisted, though, that the barrel could be measured from the base versus from the breach face of the BCG which is not how the ATF measures it, which made me wary of sending it to him again despite him saying he could somehow manage to get a hold of a BCM BFH barrel that is currently out of stock. More than likely, he wanted to get it back and waste my time installing multiple washers or a cheaper barrel and then still charging me for the job, which was initially $160 and was finally billed as $220 without telling me in advance.

Lots of red flags, so in the end, it's better to cut ties. If it wasn't for him insisting that you could measure the barrel the wrong way, him admitting he never removed the barrel from the upper in the first place but still charged me for a full disassembly, and reassembly job, and then charging me more than agreed and trying to convince me it was BCM's fault for either having too short a barrel or the wrong size hand guard (neither of those things are true), I may have sent it back to let him fix it, but all of that gave me a bad feeling, and I felt that he may make the situation worse for me and waste more of my time and money.

I tried to persuade him to just send me money for either the barrel or flash hider, but he refused so here is his review.
    Dang.

Top Bottom