• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sparsky

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    San Antonio
    I can't vouch for it but I saw a place on the food network channel called Texas Pride BBQ on the east side of San Antonio. (I don't know if they have beef ribs, or even good BBQ. I plan to check them out one of these days.)

I do know if you're in New Braunfels a place called Coopers has great BBQ, and they do have beef ribs.
    Cooper's BBQ: New Braunfels, Texas | (830) 627-0627 |

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've tried Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse and they have some good food but I didn't care for their beef ribs. They were overcooked or something like they were braised and saturated with grease.

We use to go to Tom's Ribs and I enjoyed their beef ribs except there was too much sauce though it was easy to scrape off. Unfortunately for me the closed.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'd like to find a place that sells the uncooked ribs so I can make my own, good beef ribs are hard to find.

The HEB near me has differnt cuts of beef ribs in the section where they have the value pack beef. I like the center cut finger ribs. I cook them in the oven because I can't do them right on the grill. That's why I want someone else to cook them. What are you looking for?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've tried Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse and they have some good food but I didn't care for their beef ribs. They were overcooked or something like they were braised and saturated with grease.

I just ate at Augie's last week with a friend after attending a funeral at Ft Sam. To be honest, I wasn't impressed; I had the pulled pork and it just wasn't very tasty. The cream corn was extremely bland. It also seems like they raised their prices considerably. I bought my buddy lunch and it was $23 for the two of us. That's a bit much for lunch. We've eaten there on numerous occasions in the past but I don't think I'll be making any effort to go back anytime soon...

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Drive to Lockhart worth the drive. Several choices there. Black's is my family's favorite.
    Be prepared though, I don't usually order beef ribs, but I was on my way to Austin one time and ordered my usual brisket and sausage plate and my plate came out to $14.xx I asked them to add one beef rib and the total came out to $27.xx.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Just got back from Choke Canyon. We ran down there to grab some chopped beef sandwiches to bring home, they are so good. Sheryl and Justin loved it. I also grabbed a half pound of Brisket. I asked if they sold just burnt ends and the poor girl looked at me like I was from Mars. Luckily one of the guys came out and hooked me up with a half pound of brisket, heavy on the burnt ends. I was going to ask about the Ribs for you, but I got sidetracked explaining "Brisket Candy" to the girl. She did promise to try it on her break, lol.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sad to hear Max say Auggies has declined. If you haven't tried yet, Old Smokehouse on Fredericksburg Rd is my go to bbq joint when in the med center. They have an angus beef rib. Be advised, the pit is indoors and everyone will know you had bbq for lunch!

W

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    City Market in Luling has the best ribs anywhere. Buy them by the pound on butcher paper. Just falls off the bone.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Sad to hear Max say Auggies has declined. If you haven't tried yet, Old Smokehouse on Fredericksburg Rd is my go to bbq joint when in the med center. They have an angus beef rib. Be advised, the pit is indoors and everyone will know you had bbq for lunch!

W

I'll give them a try and people will only be jealous if they smell BBQ on me.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If you're doing the tourist thing, at the end of the river walk under the mall is Tony Roma's. Order the bountiful beef. The ones in Houston closed down and I miss them.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I asked if they sold just burnt ends and the poor girl looked at me like I was from Mars.

This makes me sad. The last bbq I bought was a variety of stuff from Hays County bbq - guy cut the burnt ends off and placed them in a separate pile from the brisket. I told him "Hey, I'll take some of those burnt ends too." He looked at me, smiled, and gave them to me for free.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I asked if they sold just burnt ends and the poor girl looked at me like I was from Mars. Luckily one of the guys came out and hooked me up with a half pound of brisket, heavy on the burnt ends. I was going to ask about the Ribs for you, but I got sidetracked explaining "Brisket Candy" to the girl. She did promise to try it on her break, lol.

Haha "brisket candy". I'm gonna use that. But forreal, you know what you're talking about. Good stuff.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom