• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Not sure if this a a proper 06 and 07 "combination" sign, but here's what they have posted.

9dcd9c0e88797c0028ff72ddccd3201d.jpg
    Target Sports

straightwall

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    Their stuff is way overpriced for me anyway. Been inside once. Rich people gun free zone. Easy pickin's for some bad guy IMO.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have a Whole Paycheck right around the corner on Bellaire Blvd and don't frequent it unless under duress.

Have not seen this particular sign yet, but I have noticed for the last few years that NONE of their supposedly 30.06 signs posted at said location have ever been valid signs.

Not even close ... might be by design, but can't rule out liberal stupidity.

Nonetheless, and even if the above sign was invalid, and it certainly appears to be, it still doesn't apply to me at all ...
    I try to not even walk past the place on the sidewalk.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I was literally just there today. I had never seen this sign posted before. I was quite proud that when I called my girlfriend inside and told her I would not walk in, she immediately left her full cart of groceries and walked out. Probably the proudest moment I've ever had with her.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I was literally just there today. I had never seen this sign posted before. I was quite proud that when I called my girlfriend inside and told her I would not walk in, she immediately left her full cart of groceries and walked out. Probably the proudest moment I've ever had with her.
    That's awesome.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    She was heartbroken. We are hoping that the Whole Foods near us hasn't put this sign up. We just happened to be at the Vintage Park location today since we had gone to Torchy's Taco. I snapped the same pic.

straightwall

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014

She sounds like a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I have a special solution for places like that...

Leave the CHL card in the car and carry "not a firearm" black powder concealed.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    They've had these signs for a while here in Austin addressing 30.06. It's some kind of strange combination of the TABC blue sign and the 30.06 (now 30.07). I have no idea if it's enforceable or not; seems like at minimum they are violating the spirit of the law, if not necessarily the letter.

I don't know if the ones in Austin have been updated to 30.07 as I almost never go there anymore, but I assume this is a corporate wide thing so I assume they have been.

Previous discussion here:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...teresting-useless-sign-whole-foods-doman.html

Tejano Scott, you got yourself a good one. I love my wife, and my wife is pro-gun, and even though she/we hardly ever shop at Whole Foods I can't see her abandoning a cart at the finish line because of something like this. I hope one of you told the manager why she walked.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Lol. Mom saw this thread on my laptop, said that Whole Foods/Whole Paycheck is officially a no-go zone for us now. "I don't want to shop somewhere if I have to break the law to carry my gun".

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I neglected to mention you can also go to HEB, if you don't mind CC.

If, on the other hand, you get all riled up because you can't OC there, well then, go to places you can without suffering the possibility of a stroke or heart attack from the stress.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I neglected to mention you can also go to HEB, if you don't mind CC.

If, on the other hand, you get all riled up because you can't OC there, well then, go to places you can without suffering the possibility of a stroke or heart attack from the stress.

It's less the stress and more the ability to shop somewhere that doesn't feel a need to prevent ANY kind of carry.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Why is it TGT is having Moderator meetings in gun free zones?

Or does it just seem that you two seem to frequent the same ones?
    It was purely coincidental, because that is neither of our neighborhoods.

But in the interest of tin foil....

These are not the droids you are looking for.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Stopped at a Whole Foods with my wife a few months ago. I think I had the only vehicle in the parking lot that wasn't a Prius with a Save the Whales bumper sticker. I can buy groceries just fine without ever going to that place.

Top Bottom