• ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Good watch! Thanks for sharing.

Key word I got from that is "unconventional".....referring to Trump, his comeuppance, and ultimate popularity among freedom loving people, some of whom never voted GOP in their lives and some of whom never voted in their lives.

He simply represents a group that hasn't been represented in nearly four decades and has created a new mishmash of a voter base. And it's about time.

And not everyone who's against him has a (D) behind their name. Plenty of people with an (R), too, which we need to always be mindful.

Last edited:

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I’ll vote for him cause what other choice do you have.

He needs to come clean on Convid, not embed the swamp in his administration, and become a 2A champion. Otherwise, don’t expect anything to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The question that all who suffer with TDS should consider is do you hate the man or do you fear the man.

I can tell you the current administration and the world government fear the man and what he proposes. We need to turn the tide to steady the seas.

While Trump did well on the economy/employment during his four years as president, he really didn't accomplish any of the great acts he claimed he would during his tenure. He said he would "drain the swamp," but that didn't appear to happen. He wasn't the huge 2A advocate some claimed he would be.

To his credit, he didn't do the damage that the current administration has inflicted on this country; but he would have been much better off had he kept his mouth shut on many issues.

Would I vote for him over Biden? Of course, but only as he is the only reasonable alternative.

Would I prefer a more qualified candidate? Absolutely!

Do I believe if elected Trump will be able to accomplish much? Not really.

It's more a matter of damage control at this point...

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    What I am afraid of is when elected all he will do is fight with the swamp and not focus on other problems.
    I really don't believe the swamp can be destroyed. So, it is just kicking the can down the road.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    What I am afraid of is when elected all he will do is fight with the swamp and not focus on other problems.
    I really don't believe the swamp can be destroyed. So, it is just kicking the can down the road.
    I’d rather have a fighter… and have this country go down with a fight…

the alternative is to watch us go over the abyss while me meme and post our unhappiness on gun forums

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    While Trump did well on the economy/employment during his four years as president, he really didn't accomplish any of the great acts he claimed he would during his tenure. He said he would "drain the swamp," but that didn't appear to happen. He wasn't the huge 2A advocate some claimed he would be.

To his credit, he didn't do the damage that the current administration has inflicted on this country; but he would have been much better off had he kept his mouth shut on many issues.

Would I vote for him over Biden? Of course, but only as he is the only reasonable alternative.

Would I prefer a more qualified candidate? Absolutely!

Do I believe if elected Trump will be able to accomplish much? Not really.

It's more a matter of damage control at this point...

Who exactly do we think is a more qualified candidate? Who else will stay in the fight, can't be bought or bribed and is sincere about dragging the US back from the brink?
    If we have some pool of "more qualified candidates" please tell me who they are?
    In fact I'd be tickled to hear of one in the last 70 years who was "more qualified". Hell, what are the qualifications?
    Not trying to be a prick but you can only use the tools you have, not the ones you wish you had.

Just my opinion but without the brash and bluster he'd be completely ineffective at establishing the image of power and the respect (fear?) of other world leaders.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I’d rather have a fighter… and have this country go down with a fight…

the alternative is to watch us go over the abyss while me meme and post our unhappiness on gun forums

The only thing Trump has going for him is he is a better candidate than Biden!

Otherwise, while he talks a good game, and likes to instigate others, he's not what I would call a "fighter."

I'd rather have a President and Commander-in-Chief that loves this country and does everything for it.

And that's not Trump, despite what he claims.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That was not true during his last term and will probably not be an issue going forward.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    So not fight the swamp? What kind of bullshit is that?

Look at what he did last time. I know it wasn't drained. Of course it wasn't. None of us, him included, had any idea how deep it was. But look at who he exposed as swamp creatures, the Bush family, Cheney family, Mitt Romney, John McCain, the FBI, CIA, their current and former directors and the rest of the alphabet agencies that I used to support, and many others who were previously heroes of conservatives, but were exposed as total lying frauds.

Give me the America-first anti-establishment guy every. fucking. time.

Last edited:

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    " Drain the Swamp" wiki

Trump didn't invent that catch phrase- It's been bandied in the beltway for decades. In DC, it has been the war cry of the largest Federal union of government employees- AFGE, to refer to third-party contracts that threatened those on the govt payroll. The Federal union got to be so powerful that strikes could bring government to a halt, so third party contractors were being hired at alarming rates, fueled by special interest money.

AFGE is a labor union that represents over 750,000 federal and D.C. government workers across the United States and the world. 3/4 of a million workers in one union that many have not heard of.

Trump co-opted the phrase to mean something different to the casual observer, but was a rally cry to those in the union long before Trump uttered it. Mussolini is said to have use the term, metaphorically and literally:

Mussolini used the phrase "drain the swamp" when he made moves to overhaul the country’s unpopular government bureaucracy.

"He knew that citizens were fed up with a bureaucracy that seemed to grow bigger and less efficient each year, so he insisted on daily roll calls in ministry offices and berated employees for arriving late to work or taking long lunches.

"Mussolini initiated a campaign to 'drenare la palude' ('drain the swamp') by firing more than 35,000 civil servants,
    " .Madeleine Albright wrote, who served as secretary of state under President Bill Clinton.

Here is a hat I have that predates Trump by several years:

swamp1.jpg

swamp2.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We are already doomed.

I agree w/ ‘’go down fighting’’. . . . . . .

Yet, I must ask of those who stockpile ammo: ‘’Just WHOM do you plan to shoot ?’’

<?>

Top Bottom