• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If any of you barbarians are on WIRES-X maybe we could have a net sometime ?
    Plenty of open rooms
    Capitol Armory ad

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    WIRES (Wide-coverage Internet Repeater Enhancement System) is an Internet communication system which expands the range of amateur radio communication. For WIRES-X, an amateur node station connecting to the Internet is used as the access point and connects the wireless communication to the Internet.

What does wire X do?
    Wirex is an innovative app and payment card that allows users to seamlessly send, receive, exchange and spend a range of digital and conventional currencies. Through the Wirex platform, users can make payments via its Wirex App and payment card, which support the spending of digital and conventional currencies.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Wires-X is for Yaesu radios as those are only the ones I am aware of that have it. You would need to have one of the later model digital models to utilize it. It is just another DMR iteration, not unlike others, but limited to their products…so far.

With that said, older analog Yaesu radios have Wires. It was a mode that was turned on by default from the factory but everyone turned off once they got the radio in service. I never saw a case where it was utilized as it caused more annoyance than practical use.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I got my room and node number registration back and a cable for my FT3D and have been on WIRES-X all week.
    Pretty active all over the world.

Anyway..just thought I'd ask.
    It's been pretty cool talking to stations all over the world
    And yes..I KNOW HF can do that with the right conditions and equipment...
    But that is for a different thread

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    That is something I have done with IRLP using a common analog radio. Depending on where you are, there may be repeaters that are part of the IRLP network and using DTMF codes, you can link to another repeater in another country or elsewhere in the US.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That is something I have done with IRLP using a common analog radio. Depending on where you are, there may be repeaters that are part of the IRLP network and using DTMF codes, you can link to another repeater in another country or elsewhere in the US.
    Same here
    I have a Texas Nexus node repeater 3 miles from the house
    I hit it with my HT

Top Bottom