• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I hope everyone out their registers to vote and actually does this election will be a tipping point in our country. Justice Thomas is getting ready to retire and this article say Justice Alito is might retire along with Ginsberg who is old and sick their could be several openings in the court the next 3 years and we damn sure don't need these justices to be liberal wienies.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...t-samuel-alito-will-retire-from-supreme-court
    Hurley's Gold

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I will greatly rue the day that Thomas retires.

He has become possibly the greatest originalist Justice of this century. Replacing him is somewhere between impossible and extremely unlikely. I hope he has many decades left of productive service on the bench.

If we do have to replace a Justice, Don Willett is among my favorites. Texas born-and-raised, he used to post pictures of his targets after he went shooting on his Twitter account (before he was elevated to the Federal bench, when he stopped tweeting). Trump elevated him to the 5th Circuit for the sole purpose of having him as an option for SCOTUS asap. Willett is only 53, has written opinions against QI, total champion of individual liberties, and definitely an originalist. I'd love to have Willett exposed to Thomas for as many years as possible; the two of them together could really form the nucleus for an originalist core that I think Gorsuch would join and they would also influence Kavanaugh to vote with them regularly.

Trump also has Amy Barrett on his shortlist. I think if a female Justice retires (please God let it be tonight), she'll get the nod. She's a conservative, and looks good on the 2A, although she's only been involved in a single 2A case, so not a lot to go on. The liberals hate her because she's reputed to be anti-abortion, and watching their heads explode is always a nice consolation.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Let’s pray that Trump gets re-elected, because there’s zero chance he can get any nominee thru to the bench during this term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would not bet against McConnell. As long as there literally are the minimum clock hours left in the session.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I would not bet against McConnell. As long as there literally are the minimum clock hours left in the session.

Mitch is The Man. I don't know if he could get Barrett confirmed in a short time period, given the crap storm she'll create about abortion. Mitch might need some months to make that happen, because Rs like Susan Collins have a serious D voting base back home that they need to appease. However, there are plenty of other Justices Mitch could get seated in time, and it may come down to that...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mitch is The Man. I don't know if he could get Barrett confirmed in a short time period, given the crap storm she'll create about abortion. Mitch might need some months to make that happen, because Rs like Susan Collins have a serious D voting base back home that they need to appease. However, there are plenty of other Justices Mitch could get seated in time, and it may come down to that...
    I'm hoping we have four more years to get good justices on SCOTUS...

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I am glad I am not Trump because, if I was, I would tell the Republican Party to stick it and finish out my term by looking for offshore investment properties. This nation has done nothing but vilify someone who has done everything he can to perform major surgery on the victim of a train wreck.

I hope he runs again, but if he doesn't we have no one to blame but ourselves.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I am glad I am not Trump because, if I was, I would tell the Republican Party to stick it and finish out my term by looking for offshore investment properties. This nation has done nothing but vilify someone who has done everything he can to perform major surgery on the victim of a train wreck.

I hope he runs again, but if he doesn't we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Why would you tell the R party to stick it, when it's the leftist elements of society that have vilified Trump?

Obviously no political candidate has the support of 100% of their party's members, but the majority of the Rs supported Trump and continue to do so.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Why would you tell the R party to stick it, when it's the leftist elements of society that have vilified Trump?

Obviously no political candidate has the support of 100% of their party's members, but the majority of the Rs supported Trump and continue to do so.

Truth be told, Trump has even gotten a couple of Democrats in his corner. All is not lost yet.

Top Bottom