• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    HB 112 authored by Rep. Steve Toth and its counterpart in the Senate, SB 513 authored by Sen. Bob Hall that would outlaw enforcement of any federal laws that would violate the Second Amendment.

Please encourage your House representative to support and co-sponsor HB 112 and get it moving out of committee.

Please encourage your state Senator to support and co-sponsor SB 513 and get it moving out of committee.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    My emails via their websites (subject line HB 112 or SB 513):
    ---

Honorable Representative Scott Sanford,

I am writing to encourage you to support and co-sponsor Rep. Steve Toth's HB 112. Please help get this bill moving out of committee and onto the House floor for a vote. (SB 513 is the sister bill).

Thank you for your time and consideration of my request.

Most Respectfully,
    (real name)
    McKinney, TX

----

Honorable Senator Angela Paxton,

I am writing to encourage you to support and co-sponsor Sen. Bob Hall' s SB 513. Please help get this bill moving out of committee and onto the Senate floor for a vote. (HB 112 is the sister bill).

Thank you for your time and consideration of my request.

Most Respectfully,
    (real name)
    McKinney, TX

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    HB 112 authored by Rep. Steve Toth and its counterpart in the Senate, SB 513 authored by Sen. Bob Hall that would outlaw enforcement of any federal laws that would violate the Second Amendment.

Please encourage your House representative to support and co-sponsor HB 112 and get it moving out of committee.

Please encourage your state Senator to support and co-sponsor SB 513 and get it moving out of committee.
    Done and thanks. I'm a cut and paste sort of fellow when I can get away with it!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Happily, I don't have to bother as the email would be going to Steve Toth. I suddenly feel good that a vote of mine actually got me a little representation.

Might consider dropping him a quick note of thanks for authoring the sequel House bill to the original Senate bill that Sen. Hall filed. It makes it an easier process to reconcile the differences between the two chambers. This bill actually has some teeth in it; it's creating a criminal provision for prosecution of anyone aiding the feds to enforce anti-2A laws in Texas.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    This bill actually has some teeth in it; it's creating a criminal provision for prosecution of anyone aiding the feds to enforce anti-2A laws in Texas.
    It applies to any new federal firearms regulations enacted after January 1, 2021. Still will have to register those suppressors and SBRs, etc. it will provide sort of a sanctuary zone for Biden's gun control plan, but won't prevent Feds from coming in and prosecuting.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I had hopes at one point GOA's big push, here three or four years ago, at hearing loss being a safety/medical problem, would get suppressors off the NFA. Not real sure why that didn't make more progress during Trump's time. Of course, for the next four years, it doesn't stand a snowball's chance.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    RINOS were the reason.

Maybe....
    It sure seemed like GOA went from being very active and pushing the "hearing safety" aspect of it to just dropping the whole thing, almost overnight. And that happened at a time when I thought they were just on the verge of making some serious headway on the issue.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It applies to any new federal firearms regulations enacted after January 1, 2021. Still will have to register those suppressors and SBRs, etc. it will provide sort of a sanctuary zone for Biden's gun control plan, but won't prevent Feds from coming in and prosecuting.

That is true, unless Texas secedes! Then they would stop and prevent any Feds from crossing the border!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Back on topic. It's good to see so many folks spend a few minutes to let their state representatives know how they feel. I don't do this often and when I do, there's usually a lot of push back, "ahh, it doesn't do any good" or "it's a waste of time, they don't pay attention", etc., etc.

Some representatives respond and some don't. But they're all concerned enough with getting re-elected that I guarantee you, some staffer in their office is at least recording your comment as a "data point" to let their boss know what feedback they're getting from their constituents. The representative him or herself may not personally read your letter or email but your position is at least being recorded on a chart somewhere.

And from this data, the representative will undoubtedly be influenced and know how emboldened they can afford to be to speak out on a particular issue in favor of it (...or against it).

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I suggest doing all 3 things, as it's past time to end all the ANTI-2nd Amendment FOOLISHNESS in Texas, once & for all..

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Back on topic. It's good to see so many folks spend a few minutes to let their state representatives know how they feel. I don't do this often and when I do, there's usually a lot of push back, "ahh, it doesn't do any good" or "it's a waste of time, they don't pay attention", etc., etc.

Some representatives respond and some don't. But they're all concerned enough with getting re-elected that I guarantee you, some staffer in their office is at least recording your comment as a "data point" to let their boss know what feedback they're getting from their constituents. The representative him or herself may not personally read your letter or email but your position is at least being recorded on a chart somewhere.

And from this data, the representative will undoubtedly be influenced and know how emboldened they can afford to be to speak out on a particular issue in favor of it (...or against it).

Votes matter to elected officials. Any politician that plans on a long political career pays attention to what his constituents like and don't like. Most politicians know, going against what their constituents want, is committing political suicide.

Emails, phone calls and letters are taken or read by someone in their office.

Top Bottom