• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    On my first motorcycle trip around the western US, I stopped in Fort Stockton for the first day trip. On another trip to New Mexico, I again stopped in Fort Stockton at the Motel 6. The flies on both stops were worse than I've ever seen! I used to shoot in garbage dumps in Kansas and never had as many flies to deal with as I saw in Ft Stockton.

Early in the morning, on the second stop, I found out why the little snots were so bad! Their city trash trucks dumped their contents right across from the Motel 6, they set the garbage on fire and burned it right there.............in town! After the fire burned down, a fire truck hosed down the remains which was then loaded into a dump truck and hauled off!

Flies............
    I always wonder if they ever figured out why there were so many in that area?
    I always wondered why they didn't do the trash burning OUTSIDE of town? There's a hundred miles of vacant land between El Paso and Ft Stockton. Couldn't they burn the garbage elsewhere?

Just another observation............
    On my trips between El Paso and Ft Stockton, there is more trash along I-10 than anywhere that I've been in the US! For miles, there was a piece of trash every 12" along that road!

In Oregon, tossing a gum wrapper onto the highway with snag a $1000 fine! For extreme cases of littering, they'll confiscate your vehicle!

Any residents of the Ft Stockton area can jump right in to explain. I've seen some dumb things but this one took the prize! If west Texas has insect problems, there are several issues that can be addressed!

Flash

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Maybe if you didnt cuss so much they might not bother you...lol

When I was living in Midland, I tried to go just one whole day without cussing, cursing, shouting, kicking, or screaming at those little black ninja mothers.

It lasted until I got my first cup of coffee in the mornin'. All of about 10 minutes. Just shortly after that, and a quick trip to WallyWorld, I had a six pack of flying bug spray. I sprayed the all the RV's "open" windows, vents, and the door frame and most of the screen door. ANYwhere one of those things could get in. It sorta helped a bit. I could at least get most of them before reinforcements arrived.

What made it worse, was the fact I lived right next door to about six different rigs bunkhouses. When all hands were there, it was easier just to don a hazmat suit than to try and keep up. Or pray for even more wind.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Dealing with flies has been a huge adjustment after moving to the DFW area. I have pasture behind my house so lots of flies. Almost as bad as dealing with Love bugs in Florida. But at least the flies don't eat the paint off you car/truck!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I get the houseflies in the spring. No idea why. Like TXARGUY - no trash, leftovers on the stove etc. but one or two days later, there's hundreds of them. I think my personal record with a flyswatter was ~80 in about 15 minutes. More with the vacuum. I love sucking them to their eternal damnation with a vacuum.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I swear I can be sitting in my trailer and have 5 flies dive bombing my face and the second I've had enough and grab the swatter the little assholes go into ninja mode. Put the swatter down and they go right back to being annoying little shits.

God made a bit of a mistake with assholes ......

082710.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The fly traps I make out of plastic soda bottles with the tops cut off and inverted catch literally dozens of flies a day if left outside. The first one is the hardest, but once the others see where the party is at they want in.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Flies at the jobsite. They get in the truck and I can't make 'em leave.
    Just went to DQ. Pulled up to the drive thru to order. By the time I got to the window, they had all bailed out.
    hmmmmmm?

Not sure I want to eat this now.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They make these blue granules to kill flies. Small white can, with a picture of a fly. May have to go to a feed store or pest control chemical shop to get it.

You put it in windows. Contrary to what it seems, once inside, they want out.

Place some granules on the window sill. It neuters them and kills them. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom