• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Wish this were about MY luck, but an acquaintance of mine got this for a buck form a soldier. The guy thought it was broken for some reason but just needed a good clean'n. Lucky bastard...

PhotoOct2711951AM.gif

Spanish CETME .308
    Lynx Defense

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Damn what kind of soldier doesn't know about weapons cleaning? Isn't that like half of basic training? It was when I was in. Any down time at all and the weapons where broke down and cleaned.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Part of my mental prep for haggling is telling myself that no matter what the item there is someone out there that would give it to me for free.

Yep, me too. Which is why I always want to know wgat the seller has in mind of what it's worth before I make an offer. And in the case of blind offers my first one tends to be a major low ball.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    a soldier not knowing how to service a weapon? Seems kind of odd. IMO

I have met sooooo many soldiers either shooting or just shooting the breeze and I have not me one that know almost anything about firearms, besides the one they were issued. That's only in person. I'm pretty sure some of you vets on here know quite a bit, but personal experiences with these guys have had me feeling like I know a whole lot.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I'm in sales and I meet a lot of fresh soldiers. Half of them don't know what type of weapon they were issued or have a clue as to what optics were on their rifle.

I don't know it all but I know more than most soldiers I see in my sales location. When I do run across one that has the same passion about firearms, I always enjoy the conversation more.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'm in sales and I meet a lot of fresh soldiers. Half of them don't know what type of weapon they were issued or have a clue as to what optics were on their rifle.

I don't know it all but I know more than most soldiers I see in my sales location. When I do run across one that has the same passion about firearms, I always enjoy the conversation more.

I agree completely, when I was active there were guys who were really into guns (I learned a lot from them) and those who could really care less, they might know enough to shoot and clean what they were issued but couldn't name any manufacturers, you'll see this a lot more with guys in non infantry MOS's who might only see a rifle once a year for annual qual (if that).

Side note Orbie where do you work? Feel free to PM me

Top Bottom