Join TexasGunTalk

10/22 Project

Discussion in 'Projects & Builds' started by pheet17, Jan 20, 2010.

1. pheet17

pheet17 Active Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    So I decided I wanted to build something, and since I haven't really done it before I figured, I'll start with something easy. I wanted a fun cheap plinker so I got a 10/22. This is the before pic.

Build1.0.jpg

Then after looking around town, and more detailed searches on the net, I had the parts I wanted. Almost felt like Christmas!!!

10.22parts.jpg

Houge stock, extended mag release, auto bolt release, replacement bolt handle, Harris Bipod, TacSol Barrel threaded w/ compensator, cheap off brand scope. I sanded and painted the receiver w/ Black Ultra-Flat Krylon.

A couple of hours on a rainy day and here's the results.
    Build1.jpg
    Build1.1.jpg
    Build1.2.jpg

Probally change out the trigger at a later time, and replace or black out the bolt and trigger guard as well. Now as soon as the gun tot'n Lawyer in Vegas gets back to town its time for a Trust and a can for it.

2. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looks good, I like that barrel.

3. pheet17

pheet17 Active Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Ya, that was the hardest decision to make.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I like!

5. Lastshot

Lastshot Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    OK, looks good so far, but I think there are still some stuff to do.... something about headspacing, staking the fireing pin, some trigger work., and everyone is worrying about what chamber the barrel has in it now. used to be a bentz chamber was the thing, but the real tack drivers have gone to a slightly tighter chamber than that. 10/22's are the devil. but I would really liek to see some groups from yours with decent ammo,. I bet it is a shooter right now.