• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In my experience, most sights are fitted pretty danged tightly - the clamps shown have so much play that it may well get canted over, so take care. Yeah, I've got a high-dollar sight tool.....but I play with some pretty danged expensive guns!:cool:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I used a pretty high speed sight adjustment tool to adjust my rear sight on my m&p9....it had a wooden handle with a small block of metal attached. Light taps with that sucker worked great! Then again, I can't afford a lotta fancy tools yet.

Sent from Hicksville.....or while dreaming of Hicksville

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I used a pretty high speed sight adjustment tool to adjust my rear sight on my m&p9....it had a wooden handle with a small block of metal attached. Light taps with that sucker worked great! Then again, I can't afford a lotta fancy tools yet.

Have done that as well....until my drift punch slipped one day....<sigh>

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    TexasRedneck, if I were in your shoes, I would have an expensive sight tool as well. I know you own several pistols that can buy multiple Glocks.

With that said, a hammer, dowel, and vise grip helped me get sights out. Getting the sights in was another story, and I got angry and ended up marring the finish on my rear sight. Next go around, I'll probably go ahead and just get a sight pusher.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I figure I'll just have my sights changed for me. That way if it gets scratched I got somebody else to blame, lol.

Codemonkey001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Dallas
    I have a universal pusher but sometimes I use a delrin rod and I get good results. I actually had to use a combination of the two sometimes. I really recommend buying a couple pieces of delrin and cut it to short lengths

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Having used the proper sight pusher from Sig on my P220, I'm looking at that and going, "yeah... I think I'd rather spend the money on the right tool".

Top Bottom