• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I have the s&w 2.0 4" and 5.6" pc version along with an xdm 5.25". All 3 are great shooters, but the xdm had been with me since '19. The 4" 10mm I have since it 1st came out. The pc has been with me for maybe 6 months. No mag issues or any ftf/feet with all 3.

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    I wanted a 10 for a long time and fairly recently decided it was time to shop for one. I thought I wanted a Delta Elite, but I kept running across reports of poor accuracy. I looked at the Philippines guns, and most of the comments on those made it sound as though they are okay for the money but I was hesitant. Then I ran across the Turkish imports and looked into them a bit and decided I'd give one a try. I ended up with a Tisas D10, and it has been a great pistol so far. The machining is pretty impressive for the price, and mine has been reliable as a stone since the second or third magazine (it was a bit stiff and I had a failure to feed one time). I'd recommend it.

I'd still love to have a Delta Elite, but I know my luck when it comes to these things. I might snatch one up if I knew it to be one of the good ones.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    I’ve had several over the last few years.

Kimber 1911 Long slide - decent gun. Heavy. Shot well. Magazine picky.

Kimber 1911 Camp Guard - decent tun. Heavy. Accurate. Super picky on mags. Ran fine with Colt or Wilson mags. Didn’t like Kimber mags.
    Note on this one: the recoil spring was super strong. It was down right dangerous trying to reassemble the thing. One slip and the recoil spring plug would take out an eye.

Glock 20SF - garbage. Light primer strikes/fail to fire issues. Tried everything. New springs, firing pin, extractor, even a new aftermarket barrel. Nothing worked. I practically gave the turd away just to be rid of the vile thing.

Ruger GP-100 revolver. Pretty good gun actually. Used moon clips. Allowed the use of .40 S&W ammo as well as 10mm. Get the six inch barreled gun.
    I had the 3” barrel.

S&W M&P 10mm. Good gun. Lighter weight made it really snappy on recoil. My wrist would hurt after shooting it. A mag or two and I was ready to put it down.
    I have G20andG29 never had problems

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    I never really got much of a velocity improvement over 40 S&W in a short (~3") barrel, although you could run a hot 220gr HP to make up for it. Escept that the 220 grain gold dots have been gone for a couple decades now. In fact I don't think you can even find any jacketed 220 HPs loaded or not. Nothing but hard cast wadcutters.

And rounds still cost cost considerably more than 40 even though 40 has gone up. But most platforms aren't really disposable enough for EDC anyhow, but I guess if you can afford to run 10mm ammo you can afford to carry a delta elite or a razorback :)

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Anyone with experience with the 10mm pistols on the market today? Anywhere for 1911's to Springfield XD Elite or Smith & Wesson M&P 2. Just looking for thoughts as to effectiveness, accuracy and reliability.
    I have (it's for sale) an M&P 2.0 10mm. I now have the SIG X-Ten. The SIG is a much better feeling and shooting gun for me, thus the M&P up on consignment at a local shop. I mean the M&P shoots fine and has the best striker S&W trigger I've every seen (felt?) but.. it's not a high bar to cross.

I can comment on either on of those, if you have questions.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I have (it's for sale) an M&P 2.0 10mm. I now have the SIG X-Ten. The SIG is a much better feeling and shooting gun for me, thus the M&P up on consignment at a local shop. I mean the M&P shoots fine and has the best striker S&W trigger I've every seen (felt?) but.. it's not a high bar to cross.

I can comment on either on of those, if you have questions.
    Where on consignment and how much? Details

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    G20 Gen 4 is flawless. Does shoot .40 but I bought a conversion bbl. Fail to keep the chamber clean and you will have probs.

Fusion Commander in 10mm. Goes bang each time. Haven’t really fired heavy loads through it though it did come with a stouter recoil spring. The Glock handles the heavy load.

Had a Kimber 10mm and it also went bang.

Thinking I want a S&W M&P in 10mm. We’ll see.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    This is my favorite 10mm.
    S&W M610 230715.jpg

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I like when these old threads i missed get dragged back up. I have the XDm elite. Won it in a raffle a year ago monday. I've put about 350 rounds through it. Some was buffalo bore but mostly handloads. It came with a springfield red dot. It's pretty nice and shoots great. I did shoot moonpies s&w and do like the feel of that grip more. Personal preference though and I can get by either way.

Reloading helps keep the ammo costs down. The 10mm and 40S&W share the same projectiles, so for me, the cost difference is the powder amount, which adds up to less than a dime.
    I'm loading lee 175gr cast and powder coated for stupid cheap. The primer is the most expensive part of it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Owned a few. Still have my original Gen3 Glock 20. All others were sold. Never had any issues except for a Colt Delta Elite. Would not reliably cycle heavy loads. It also started disassembling itself almost immediately. Front sight flew off on the first magazine. Then the little colt emblems in the grips popped out of both sides. After I glued them back in I dumped that turd off for a significant loss.

A DW Kodiak/Bruin are very high on the list though.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    It's on consignment at McQueeny Gun Club. I've lowered the price twice so I'm not sure where it's at right now, but I think, $500? I could be wrong.
    I have the 4" and 5.6" pc models (4" w/manual safety, 5.6 w/o). Too bad New Braunfels is 525 miles from me. Which barrel length is it?

Top Bottom