• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boscoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Tomball
    For those who read my intro in that section, you'll know I was close to purchasing my first hand gun. After trying to find a local dealer that would come close on price, I ended up purchasing the M&P40c w/ thumb safety from JetGuns.com for $453. My experience with JetGuns was awesome. They didn't have the model I wanted on the site so I called, they spent 10 minutes searching their distributors and found the model I wanted as a special order. I placed the order and 8 business days later it was at my FFL, 10ring.com. The only critique I can offer for JetGuns is there was no communication from them to me during the time they were waiting for the gun to arrive at their facility from distribution, which they told me would take a couple of days. I ended up contacting them on the third business day and asking, and got an email reply several hours later informing me that I'd receive an email notice when the gun shipped from their facility to my FFL. I received it with the tracking info, the gun was shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air, and in my hand two days later. They're a little hard to get a hold of by phone, and they never returned my voicemail, but they did return my email. I believe they run a full retail store and shooting range in KY, as both times I talked to them on the phone I could hear a quiet report of guns in the background.

10ring.com is a gun shop, reloading supply store, and general firearm accessory store in NW Houston close to Jones and Grant (they may do other things too). I never knew about this place until I read about them here regarding their $20 FFL transfer and no tax on the firearm policy. I called them up and dealt with Kim, who verified everything and was very nice. I got there and everyone was friendly while being no-BS at the same time. Being in sales myself, I like this approach as it's how I treat my customers. The girl behind the register talked with me for a few minutes about reloading and the money I could save, and told me to come back when I was more interested. They had some great prices on guns. I saw the Winchester Super-X Defender 12ga 18.5" pump for $299, which is just a few (literally) bucks more than prices I've seen online. Their prices on the M&P's were less than most places, in line with shops like Tomball Pawn and Tactical Firearms, but still more than I was able to find online. They also had the A-ZOOM snap caps I was looking for cheaper than I'd found on Amazon. Just a great place all the way around and I'll definitely be back. I believe Kim said they've been in business for almost 10 years and in that location for several.

I took my wife to Shiloh Indoor Shooting Range today to put our first rounds through the M&P40c. We've been to Top Gun but never Shiloh. I can't really say one is nicer than the other. Top Gun is a more refined range that you'd expect to see in the Galleria area with the attitude to go with it (not to say it's bad, just different), and Shiloh is more "country" and laid back which is how I like it! My wife said that Shiloh was quieter inside as well, but I didn't notice. The two guys behind the counter were super nice, and one was fully disassembling a firearm on the counter which was awesome, just a nice touch. I came equipped with non-adhesive hi-viz targets and no tape (yeah, I suck) and one of the guys behind the counter was nice enough to loan me his tape instead of telling me to buy the Shoot-n-c adhesives they sold there. I'm going back to Shiloh for sure. My wife likes the indoor ranges and it's nice to have a great one close to Tomball where we live.

So all the way around, my first hand gun purchase was a really great experience. From the seller to the FFL transfer to the shooting range I was treated great at every step. I've come across quite a few in the gun/shooting field who deserve a bozo button and/or a swift kick in the head, so it's nice to see there is still plenty of class in the community.

I know Shiloh is a sponsor on here, not sure if 10ring hangs out or not, but keep up the great work, both of you.
    Guns International

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I have been dealing with 10ring for a few years now, since before they moved to their new place. I bought all of my reloading equipment and supplies from them with the exception of Lee .45 acp dies (this was during the panic buy-out period and they didn't have any and I found a great deal on a NIB 4-die set from a friend of a friend) and my basic 30-06 dies that I have had for many years. I really like the small store atmosphere and friendly staff.

I started going to Shiloh last year, in fact I plan on going today or tomorrow and pop a few. I was going to Hot Wells but their pistol range really sucks, and I like to rapid fire and double-tap, something Hot Wells doesn't allow...and there is the part about recovering my brass from the dirt...Shiloh gives veterans discounts and I can shoot as fast as I want, and my brass is not all full of dirt. The only negative experience I have had there was the one incident where one of their instructors very rudely asked me how I knew the brass I was picking up was mine. I was pretty surprised by his rudeness and disrespect, and promptly replied in kind that how did he know they weren't. I reload, I only take out what I bring in...I shoot 200, I recover 200, and if that is going to be a problem, I would take my business elsewhere. I have had no problems since. Very friendly staff and always treat me right.

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Good reviews!

I also did a firearms transfer via 10ring.com and they were very friendly and helpful. Their later weekday hours helped, too, since I work off Westheimer and Fondren.

I have had good experiences with Shiloh. I don't go shooting enough, but they guys were always friendly. I took my CHL course there and enjoyed the experience. Definitely more country, which is how I like it, too.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've had great service the few times I've been to 10 ring. Everyone was helpful and the place had a lot of inventory.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    +1 on jetguns.com -- I've purchased a few items from them and they've always been great to work with. Prices seem to range from good to incredible (bought a NIB nickel Bersa 380CC for $160!). If I remember right, it's a veteran-owned business as well.

NSR500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houston
    Shiloh is 100% good to go down to Earth folk who provide great service and a great place to shoot. They've got some great deals sometimes on their clearance table and if you respect them, they don't treat you like an idiot.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    10ring is my go-to place for reloading supplies. They have good inventory, good prices, and don't try to limit what I buy there. Kim doesn't reload herself but will always get an answer to my questions from someone else there.

Top Bottom