• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I took my FrankenRifle to the range over the last two weekends, and have been experiencing intermittent fail-to-fire events. It doesn't seem to matter what magazine I use, or what ammo. When I pulled the trigger, I'd hear a faint click, but the round wouldn't fire. Over the course of the last few range visits, I tried pushing on the forward assist between each round, swapping just the bcg, and even the entire upper, and still got the intermittent FTF. The failures always came on the FrankenRifle lower, and never on my S&W M&P lower.

When I assembled the new (Spike's) lower, I performed the spring modification portion of the 15-minute trigger job. This is the only difference between my Spike's lower and the S&W lower (which has the JP Enterprises yellow spring kit in it). I went ahead and ordered a JP spring kit from Brownells, and I'll be going to the range again this weekend to see if I still have problems.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the 15-minute trigger job was not a success for me. I probably bent the spring too much, but I'm not really interested in finding out, because I'd rather just shoot the rifle than try to diagnose a problem that seems impossible to fix because by the time it's happened, you can't see what happened to make it happen (I'm getting dizzy).
    Texas SOT

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I have standard springs in my Spike's lower and chrome silicon springs in my RRA lower... I haven't shot the Spike's yet... still need to complete an upper for it.

Top Bottom