• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    18 arrested in ICE-led raid at Houston flea market | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Federal agents on Saturday raided a Houston flea market and arrested 18 suspects wanted in connection with selling fraudulent documents, authorities said.
    More than 100 federal agents and local police served the federal arrest warrants Saturday afternoon at the Sunny Flea Market, located on Airline Drive near Gulf Bank Road.
    The members of a multi-agency anti-fraud task force piled out of unmarked trucks and vans around 2 p.m.
    Witnesses reported that some agents screamed "Don't run!" in Spanish as people fled the flea market.
    Michael Feinberg, the acting special agent in charge for investigations for Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Houston, declined to provide details on Saturday about the specific type of document fraud the suspects were accused of committing, saying they were selling a "variety of IDs."
    Lance Solano, a 29-year-old illegal immigrant from Guerrero, Mexico, said he was at the flea market shopping for phone cards when he heard yelling and saw the agents pouring out of vehicles.
    Solano said he was detained with the other shoppers for about 20 minutes.
    "They checked my (Mexican) consular ID card, and then they let me go," Solano said.
    Feinberg said agents were targeting only the suspects identified in the criminal arrest warrants and were not making immigration arrests at the flea market.
    Saturday's arrests mark the first large-scale investigation for Houston's ICE-led Document and Benefit Fraud Task Force, one of 19 nationwide.
    The local task force includes HPD, the Department of Public Safety and several federal agencies, Feinberg said.
    From April 2006 through January 2010, ICE's fraud task forces initiated more than 2,474 investigations, helped bring about 1,681 indictments and 2,020 criminal arrests, and resulted in 1,493 convictions, according to the agency.
    Feinberg said document fraud is an agency priority because it could potentially involve a "national security vulnerability" if someone who is a "high threat" assumes a false identity.
    Guns International

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    "Feinberg said agents were targeting only the suspects identified in the criminal arrest warrants and were not making immigration arrests at the flea market."
    This is why there are so many here. They don't care if the illegals are there as long as they get the ones breaking the law. They could have easily had a bus load on the way back to the border if they were making immigration arrests.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Those people got arrested because they weren't connected. As a High School teacher, I caught a bunch of students who were making bogus Texas DL's in their Journalism class. I caught them, turned them in, wrote a deposition about what I found and not one of the kids was punished nor was the Journalism teacher put in a jam over it. Why?

The Journalism teacher was married to a school board member. The kids were football players and cheer leaders. The slate was wiped clean.

Flash

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It's common knowledge around here that if you know the guy to go to at the flea market on IH35, you can get any sort of fake documents you need as an illegal alien... If it's that well known, I don't think it takes much of an investigation to swoop in and bust em.

We have a LOT of lack of enforcement of laws that are being blatantly broken in this country. It's just another part of the degradation of society.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Good question

Those people got arrested because they weren't connected. As a High School teacher, I caught a bunch of students who were making bogus Texas DL's in their Journalism class. I caught them, turned them in, wrote a deposition about what I found and not one of the kids was punished nor was the Journalism teacher put in a jam over it. Why?

The Journalism teacher was married to a school board member. The kids were football players and cheer leaders. The slate was wiped clean.

Flash

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    The paperwork to process illegals was too much to process over the people breaking clear cut law..........

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom