• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Am I the only one who would never take a gun class from a military-trained "operator"?.....
    Nope. Though I have learned from a couple of military trained people. One Ex Special forces, never deployed, never made a big deal out of it aside from encouraging me to join the military and letting me shoot his very nice collection of class 3 firearms, starting me in reloading, and teaching me the basics of precision rifle shooting.

Everyone I’ve ever seen advertise based on military experience was kind of a jackass. And most people have a very bad idea of what “military training” really means when it comes to firearms.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    "military-trained operator" falls in the same category as "military grade!"

Those who have actually served knows that means lowest bidder and most "cost effective" production! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Am I the only one who would never take a gun class from a military-trained "operator"?.....
    One of my 1SGs, one of my old platoon sergeants, and a few others - all Rangers and/or SF - I served with would be worth getting more classes from. But they were all quiet, competent, types not known for beating their chests and proclaiming to the world how "great" they were. They did their jobs (and then some) while being excellent examples of what military leadership should be.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    One of my 1SGs, one of my old platoon sergeants, and a few others - all Rangers and/or SF - I served with would be worth getting more classes from. But they were all quiet, competent, types not known for beating their chests and proclaiming to the world how "great" they were. They did their jobs (and then some) while being excellent examples of what military leadership should be.

The majority of SF people I've had the pleasure of working with are like this. Truly Quiet Professionals.

SEALS on the other hand...

Top Bottom