• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The same price I like the idea of a full rifle that takes advantage of a longer barrel much better. Like the MechTech :

1911_telestock_full.jpg

Also seems to me a high price to pay for a plastic shell.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 Auto can't be beat, if you can find one.

It does need a better buffer and recoil spring (available).

Be well.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    img_1654-tfb-tm.jpg

This would be something I'd love to build. Minus the foregrip this would be a badass security implement that would allow an officer to have this tool on the single sling and bring it into action, shift to their side weapon of a 1911 and utilize magazines that fit with each.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What do yall think about this item?
    Too much "stuff"... Make the stock simpler. I don't see a reason for encasing the gun in a shell either. Mount a mini red dot directly to the slide. Use a 1911 with a rail and use that to mount a light and VFG if you want one. I like 1911's, but an 8 round pistol carbine/SBR? C'mon... I suppose that silly drum fixes that problem, however.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Too much "stuff"... Make the stock simpler. I don't see a reason for encasing the gun in a shell either. Mount a mini red dot directly to the slide. Use a 1911 with a rail and use that to mount a light and VFG if you want one. I like 1911's, but an 8 round pistol carbine/SBR? C'mon... I suppose that silly drum fixes that problem, however.

See that's exactly why I like the pistol model with the single-point sling. I also thing that drum may looks ridiculous and I will only be purchasing McCormick extended mags that give ia sleek stylish and a nongoofy look.

Amazon.com: CHIP MCCRMK POWER MAG 10RD 45ACP SS: Sports & Outdoors

PocketGroove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    DFW
    That is totally cool!

indulge me....why would I want to do that to my pistol? If I wanted to carry a larger weapon and go cheek to stock, I'd choose something other than 45acp.
    If I wanted to carry something in between, I'd run a submachine gun or machine pistol. If I needed to convert my 1911 to a rifle, I'd run a rifle and my 1911 would be my bug. hehe

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    That is totally cool!

indulge me....why would I want to do that to my pistol? If I wanted to carry a larger weapon and go cheek to stock, I'd choose something other than 45acp.
    If I wanted to carry something in between, I'd run a submachine gun or machine pistol. If I needed to convert my 1911 to a rifle, I'd run a rifle and my 1911 would be my bug. hehe

Your subs would only increase mag capacity but you'd still be dealing with pistol calibers.

When I imagine this being executed to my liking I see a 9 inch shrouded barrel with rails and a lanyard loop for single point sling. The barrel would be threaded so a silencer could be interchanged between my 1911 pistol and this beast. McCormick extended mags for each.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    awesome, but i would just as soon buy THIS

True but I think part of the appeal of the kit is that it is a 1911 at its core.

I mean there's lots of other companies that make crossover pistol caliber rifles thathave interchangeable magazines such as Beretta most recently but Kel-Tec as well as you pointed out.

Top Bottom