• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I can probably give you some good advice on how to drop that weight.
    i can tell you why I have this extra weight lol. No exercise and a substantial appetite.

I typically blame my lifestyle... on the road 75% of the time so I make poor diet choices and don't exercise, and when I get home I pig out and spend time with kids rather than exercise.

however a few years ago, same exact schedule... I went carb free for about 1.5 years and worked out at the hotels.

Anyhow - I'm all ears. Lord knows I need to do something
    Capitol Armory ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    i can tell you why I have this extra weight lol. No exercise and a substantial appetite.

I typically blame my lifestyle... on the road 75% of the time so I make poor diet choices and don't exercise, and when I get home I pig out and spend time with kids rather than exercise.

however a few years ago, same exact schedule... I went carb free for about 1.5 years and worked out at the hotels.

Anyhow - I'm all ears. Lord knows I need to do something
    As a guy that lost 130 pounds in a year and have kept it off for a year now, it is pretty simple.

1)Stop the carbs, refined sugar, and anything that has been in a deep fryer.
    2) when you wake up in the morning and you are laying in bed dreading the moment your alarm goes off, get up, drink some coffee, and start doing crunches and push ups.
    3) when you can't do anymore of #2, take a five minute break, drink more coffee and repeat

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    As a guy that lost 130 pounds in a year and have kept it off for a year now, it is pretty simple.

1)Stop the carbs, refined sugar, and anything that has been in a deep fryer.
    2) when you wake up in the morning and you are laying in bed dreading the moment your alarm goes off, get up, drink some coffee, and start doing crunches and push ups.
    3) when you can't do anymore of #2, take a five minute break, drink more coffee and repeat
    you lost me at deep fryer.

in all seriousness, i think i can do that, mostly.
    Sugar and carbs are somewhat easy to give up. Both my parents are diabetic, so sugars are typically avoided.

Its the damn bread at Saltgrass Steakhouse that gets me every. damn. time.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Crapie are good to eat. Very good. Also very illegal to use for bait. Nice hand size Sunfish are better eating and the smaller ones are good for bait. For eating fish, I'll pick blugill most of the time.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I have my dad's old UL setup at my father in law's house in san diego, gotta grab it next time I'm out there. I think its an old Shimano spinning reel on a Fenwick rod. Used it trout fishing in Mammoth back in 2009

Nothing like dodging cows and a couple bulls on private property, thigh-deep in dung

About a month before having the twins

44ccbcc437ed75736029e6b1175eccf6.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Agree w/Hoji! I never liked fishing much, but started fishing for crappie in Cross Lake in S'port with a cane pole, line, bobber, and hook-and earthworms or crickets for bait-more fun than I'd ever imagined.

Just picked up two of those telescoping "cane" poles for my grandsons ... yeah, right, I'm having more fun catching crappie off the end of the dock than fishing out of the boat.

2qlh5z4.jpg

es2gsw.jpg
    [/IMG]

Pup's not all that impressed:

es2gsw.jpg

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    went again last night for 2 hours, same spots and same time, skunked

then again this morning around 10, pouring rain. Twin 2 finally grabbed his first before Twin 1 comained about being cold (my fat ass was in a t-shirt).

wiggled away before we could get it on the scale or measure, I'm guessing 1.5-2lb

5c91ba90194a0f5c0a0854c7608003e9.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    the hunt continues...

our neighborhood pond that we fish constantly for panfish when the bite is slow everywhere else surprised the hell out of us today. Typical day (lately) a little over 25 bluegill and green sunfish in about 2 hours. I've thrown senkos a few times for the heck of it and have caught some aggressive sunfish.. constantly get nibbles but not big enough to get on my 3/0

anyhow, today my son pulls up a little 3" LMB. I am praying to God that it wasn't transplanted there (hard to believe given it's size), and that there are more in there. Very few people fish the pond (even less in this heat), and I've never seen anyone pull anything but panfish. I have seen a splash or two, but never knew if it was a turtle or that damn /beaver/muskrat/nutria thing.

88c8ab0eb22ae9473f7c90c0dbe029f9.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Really like getting TapaTalk alerts that you have posted to the thread.

Always cool stories that make me smile.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    lol.

not sure where we're fishing this evening, but I swear I'm going to spend the next 4 days combing that pond for that little guy's parents.
    I can't imagine that little 3" fish was caught somewhere else and dropped in recently... though you never know

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom