2 New Savage .308's

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by billt, Jun 25, 2008.

1. billt

billt Member

May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Model 12 F-TR, and a Model 10 FP, both are in .308. Now the fun begins with scope and mount selection, along with putting it all together. I've got some .308 handloads, but I've got nothing but time to hit the press and try and come up with some type of meal they'll both like. I won't be doing any serious shooting with either of them until the Fall when these temperatures break a little. I've got high hopes for the both of these guns, and they are the first Savage bolt guns I have bought. In all of the years I've been seeing them at the range, I really haven't seen a bad one, or an unhappy owner for that matter. Bill T.

2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    .308 :D

My scoped hunting rifle is in .308, great caliber.

3. GULFPILOT

GULFPILOT Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    I like my Savage rifle also. The only thing I did was a trigger job. I have a SAvage 116FSAK, which is the stainless fluted model in 7mm Rem Mag. I really think Savage is a good rifle, too bad its so underrated.

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Great rifle.Whats your trigger pull? Got mine at 2.5 pounds.

5. billt

billt Member

May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    Both are equipped with the Accutrigger. Let off on the 10 FP is about 2 1/2 pounds. The 12F/TR has the newer Target Accutrigger. It comes set at 6 ounces. Bill T.

6. Roadkill Bill

Roadkill Bill New Member

I've had my 10 FP for many years now, way before the Accutrigger came out. It had an 8 lb. trigger from the factory. Thought the safety was still on at first! After the trigger job it's one of the most accurate rifles I have ever seen. Mine is a .223. I got it for varmints. I must admit is one of the best kept secrets in the rifle world. I've yet to see anyone's Remington or Winchester, or anything else match it.

Congratulations, you're gonna really love 'em.