• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Interesting.... that Fox News article doesn’t say what I read in a different sourced article. That the Army’s Criminal Investigation Command (CID, Criminal Investigation Division) had turned the murder investigation over to the Navy’s Criminal Investigation Service (NCIS). And yet it’s Naval personal that are “persons of interest” in the murder. Strikes me as peculiar why the Army would turn over the murder of one of their own, to a different service! Hummm.... is the Army guy’s family going to get a fair shake in all this?

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Yeah, I read the same thing in another article. I suspect the change from Army CID to Navy NCIS is more beurucratic than political. But I agree with you, it is interesting.

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    Perhaps NCIS is better equipped than CID to handle the forensic investigation? NCIS would likely have co-jurisdiction, in that the accused are Navy personnel, no?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've been under investigation twice - once directly in once indirectly I can tell you from experience that these guys are pretty good at what they do I'm thankful for that because they cleared me of charges it I was rightfully innocent of. I've also seen them go after and prosecute people who were guilty, including entire crime Rings within the Navy. I can tell you first-hand that these guys are not afraid to take down any military personnel regardless of their rank or status.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    I've been under investigation twice - once directly in once indirectly I can tell you from experience that these guys are pretty good at what they do I'm thankful for that because they cleared me of charges it I was rightfully innocent of. I've also seen them go after and prosecute people who were guilty, including entire crime Rings within the Navy. I can tell you first-hand that these guys are not afraid to take down any military personnel regardless of their rank or status.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I hope that if these 2 are actually guilty, they're investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm going to suppress my knee jerk response until more info is available or the investigation and trial are complete.

If found guilty I hope they get every bit of what they deserve.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A military medical examiner reportedly ruled the cause of Melgar’s death to be “a homicide by asphyxiation,” or strangulation. An investigating officer was reportedly sent to Mali within 24 hours following the incident, suspecting foul play.
    Ranger knot?

Top Bottom