• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifleman88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Anyone tried one of this?-http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/ATI-ELCAN-DFOV14-C1.html, I know it's a bit pricey, but if it works well, I sure can live with the cost.
    Lynx Defense

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Nice, clear glass. Big, heavy bastard and only a 1 or 4. Far better choices available for the money.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Heh...

Learn to shoot (fast) and it becomes truth: Lighter is faster ;)

Or carry a rifle farther than the back of the truck to the shooting line :D

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    For that price, the damn thing better make coffee and hump my ruck.

So what exactly does it do that's so much better?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I just received my Elcan Specter DR 1.5-6 & I have to say this fucker rocks. Yeah it's heavy & expensive, but I aint some weak-ass broke dick. It's what I wanted for my M-16 Commando, so I bought one.

Sure I heard how I should buy an ACOG, S&B Shot Dot & a couple other optics. Most of that was from peeps whose entire gun budget for the year is less then my Elcan.

I guess I'll never know what it does better then other optics simply because I don't give a shit!

I've always thought great optics were worth the money.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You shore have a mighty fine bunch of toys Baboon, I continue to be jealous.....
    No reason to be jealous. When I first moved to Houston in the early 80's there was a range west of highway 6 south of were Fountains Firearms. Can't remember its name.

One day a buddy & me were shooting there, when a helicopter lands & 3 guys get out with some very high end rifles. Looked as if they might be getting ready for a hunting trip. My Buddy The Village Idiot made the comment about it must be nice to fly around in a helicopter. One of the guys reply set goals & go for it!

About a year ago I decided I wanted an M-16. It wasn't as cheap as they were when I decide on one, but I saved. Once the owner was paid I had to figure out what I wanted for it. I see guys with their Shrikes I figured for less then the cost of a Shrike I could buy the accessories to pimp out a killer M-16A2.

Strange thing is I have started selling off some of the guns in the safe that aint been shot in 30 years. I've seen huge profits on them from what I've paid. It's helped buy the new toys.

I'll most likely sell off a few more guns. That money will go into more ammo. I still have some ammo I bought pre Slick Willy taking office.

I have a CMMG dedicated M-4 PDW .22 coming too. Mt stock pile of .22's needs thinning.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Amazing how fast .22 disappears when you have full auto .22's. I need a few more pallets full.

Just got in a pair of Leupold Mk6 FFP 1-6...amazing how light they are, and (oddly enough) they have something going on between one and six :D

Will try to break them and see what happens.

Top Bottom