• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beardking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Well, it kind of pains me to do this, but I'm going to put my 2003 Honda 919 up for sale. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just never ride it these days and I could use the money that I get from it to add new parts to my new to me '68 Mustang.

I bought the 919 back in 2008 with right at 9K miles on it. I have maintained it thoroughly since then and have put a little over 6K miles on it.

There is one dent on the tank and a little bit of rash on the swingarm where the PO dropped it at low speed (I know, I know, it's always the PO's fault, but honest it wasn't me :mrgreen: ).

I removed the rear license plate shovel...I mean mounting plate and fabricated a new mount out of aluminum angle. I replaced the rear turn signals with a Clear Alternatives integrated tail light. I still have the factory parts and except for having cut off the factory connectors, it can all be reinstalled if wanted. I also replaced the stock front turn signals with a set of LED aftermarket turn signals. Again, I have the originals that can be used if preferred.

I replaced the stock handlebars with a set of Renthal street fighter bars, Rizoma grips and custom bar ends (I had these machined for me when I had my Nighthawk and I kept them when it went away on the wrecker). I do not have the stock bars/grips/bar ends. I donated them to another 919 owner who had an "incident" and his bars were no longer useful.

The last change that I made was to replace the stock horn with a Stebel Nautilus air horn. I originally mounted the horn part of this setup a little too close to the exhaust, so I have replaced that portion with a horn from a cheap air horn system from Harbor Freight. Works great, but the fit is kind of awkward. I have the stock horn still, however if you want that I will need to remove it from my Mustang (I had to have a horn that worked to get it inspected and this was the only one I had around :lol2: ).

I have included a couple of photos below for your viewing pleasure and I will be more than happy to take any photos that you may want/need if you are interested.

I am asking $4000 OBO.

Thanks for looking.

3948875565_ef3af8700c_b.jpg

3949655230_d47420a929_b.jpg
    Lynx Defense

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I SOOOO wanted a 919, until I laid eyes on a Speed Triple. Ended up with the S3, but still really like the 919s. Have you been on any sites that are 919 heavy? Like WristTwisters.com? I haven't been on there in a couple years, but it used to be a great 919 site. I know they split and Moto-Rush.com took a good number of the 919'ers. Just a thought, but you might want to try them.....

Top Bottom