2013 Open Carry Bills

Discussion in 'Activism' started by matefrio, Feb 15, 2013.

1. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

One stop shop for all Open Carry Bills.

• Call to Action.
    • Summary, Pros and Cons.
    • Comments and Progress.

HB 700 Relating to the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a handgun to openly carry the handgun; providing penalties.
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for HB 700

HB 1194 Relating to the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a handgun to openly carry the handgun; providing penalties.
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for HB 1194

SB 299 Relating to the unintentional display of a weapon by a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for SB 299

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. matefrio

Calls To Action

3. matefrio

Summary, Pros and Cons.

4. matefrio

Comments and Progress

5. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

Oct 2, 2013
    I see that this bill has been pending in committee for 1 year, is that what we can expect from the current legislative session?

6. matefrio

7. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

Oct 2, 2013

Yes I understand - I'm referring to the fact that they have been sitting in committee for the last year and have gone stale, is that a typical tactic that our legislators here in Texas use?

Do they submit bills that seemingly please the populace yet ignore them once they have reached the committee?

8. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Well-Known

Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    If they don't make it out of committee before the session ends, they die. They have to be reintroduced in the next session and go through the process all over again.

Not sure what you're really asking.

9. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

Oct 2, 2013

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm asking: Is it common for the TX lawmakers to repeatedly introduce bills every session that they knowingly plan to kill in committee?

If so, the point I'm trying to make is that it seems like they are trying to please the 2A community on the surface, yet in turns out to be lip service as the death by committee proves that no action really takes place.

I'm not trying to be a downer here, just trying to get a gauge of what I can expect moving forward as I'm new to TX and learning about how things are done here.

10. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The guy who introduces won't have any say so in what happens or if it gets out of committee unless he is on that committee.