• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    As stated in title, for some reason, I'm thinking it's gonna be a good season for doves out at my buddy's place in Granger. In years past, it has been real hit or miss and although I have had a few chances to hit my daily limit, I usually come up short. However, this year I'm seeing an abundance of everything. More snakes and turtles in a shrinking tank, loads of rabbits, deer spotted for the first time as far as I can remember and even some quail. The last time I had a good run was when it hadn't rained much and my mojo dove was bringin' em' in. They were all over that little tank and I had plenty of opportunities that year. I think if this weather pattern holds out, the birds will be flying. I admit, I've never made a good effort to turn up fields or plant any natural attractants like sunflowers or seed plants so there's always more that can be done. However, this year I think I'll be sitting on my rump drinking ice cold beer waiting for my chance to strike. Man, it's great to be alive in Texas !

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Seeing the same indicators in north Texas although we had a pretty spectacular year up here last year.

So far it's looking like it will be another great year.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom