• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Brains,

What is OBVIOUS is that you are ignorant of the FACT that NOBODY is going to give you/anyone access to the interior of any voting machine.
    Therefore, you're just BLATHERING about things that you don't understand & making yourself LOOK SILLY.

yours, tex
    Guns International

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    There are "white hat" ethical hacking companies that can be hired for this sort of thing. Always good to get an expert second opinion on whether your security is as good as you think it is. They will employ social engineering and physical security exploits as part of their investigation.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Brains,

What is OBVIOUS is that you are ignorant of the FACT that NOBODY is going to give you/anyone access to the interior of any voting machine.
    Therefore, you're just BLATHERING about things that you don't understand & making yourself LOOK SILLY.

yours, tex
    Hackers won't attack the strongest part of the system, they look for vulnerabilities to exploit. When doing technical security you are ALWAYS looking for that weak link, or you're not doing your job.

Did you even look at the links provided by kar98?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Lunyfringe,

What some here don't "get" is that hacking these old/primitive counting machines are not computers & cannot be hacked any more than an old 9-key adding machine can be.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Lunyfringe,

What some here don't "get" is that hacking these old/primitive counting machines are not computers & cannot be hacked any more than an old 9-key adding machine can be.
    Brains, kar98 and myself were referring to ES&S iVotronic touch-screen machine.

Which is most definitely a computer.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Here's a short clip of satx running a secure, non-computer and thus unhackable voter count at his polling place:

windows-firewall_o_3726093.gif

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    We use Eslate machines in fort bend county. If you look at the precinct breakdown of votes the eastern most precincts (some of them in houston city limits) voted 95 % blue . I am a bit skeptical of that

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Harris does too. The eSlates are just as vulnerable as the others, the platform was engineered with too much assumed trust and most jurisdictions don't even use the paper trail option for vote verification.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I'm watching what's happening in Florida and it's pretty clear they are trying to insure that the Republican loses.

Ballot counts not finished days after law requires. More and more ballots being found. The election supervisor alone determining voter intent on early voting ballots.

Here's one for ya. If the voter can't clearly indicate their choice then their vote simply doesn't count.

There are third world countries that have more secure voting systems than we have in the US.

Voter ID should be mandatory. Voting by mail limited to those who can't physically show up at a voting location. Hell, get a bottle of ink and start dipping fingers. In fact I'd say we need to go as far as using the National Guard to secure voting locations and ballots....the key would be using the National Guard from a different state. Say Idaho NG in Florida and so on.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    This little bit of data analysis appears to indicate that Californication is, in fact, a thing. It also appears that changes in the Texas political climate is being impacted by these migrants. While this isn't anywhere near strong enough of a case to show causation, what can be seen is positive correlation that where the refugees go, their politics follow them.

And with that my friends, I rest my case.

That strikes me as being just the opposite.

The graphic I posted suggests that those that are native to Texas voted more liberal. Those that are moving to Texas voted more conservative, at lease regarding the senate race.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That strikes me as being just the opposite.

The graphic I posted suggests that those that are native to Texas voted more liberal. Those that are moving to Texas voted more conservative, at lease regarding the senate race.

Yeah. The graphic you posted was based on an exit poll.

Exit polls aren’t reliable.

ETA: In Texas, it’s impossible to get actual birth location data using actual election data.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I'm watching what's happening in Florida and it's pretty clear they are trying to insure that the Republican loses.

Ballot counts not finished days after law requires. More and more ballots being found. The election supervisor alone determining voter intent on early voting ballots.

Here's one for ya. If the voter can't clearly indicate their choice then their vote simply doesn't count.

There are third world countries that have more secure voting systems than we have in the US.

Voter ID should be mandatory. Voting by mail limited to those who can't physically show up at a voting location. Hell, get a bottle of ink and start dipping fingers. In fact I'd say we need to go as far as using the National Guard to secure voting locations and ballots....the key would be using the National Guard from a different state. Say Idaho NG in Florida and so on.

I agree 100%. It's incredible how easy voter fraud can be committed in the US. Mail in ballots should be limited to military personnel ONLY. PERIOD.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Lunyfringe,

Inasmuch as the machines that Bexar County still uses were designed in the mid-1960s, PLEASE tell everyone what sort of computers were commonplace then.

Fyi, Lou Anne _________, MSEE, spoke to one of our judges training classes last year & stated that the old/tired machines were nothing more than, "------ more or less fancy adding machines. Don't expect these old relics to be any more than that."

Tell me, do you have PERSONAL EXPERTISE in operating/working on these "old relics"?? = I've dealt with them since 2011 & can usually keep them running.

yours, satx

'

Top Bottom