• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I will try to check with them on steel targets on the 100 yard rifle range. IIRC, I did once and they said they would not be responsible for damage.
    I will check with them tough.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I’ve been told prior service gets some perks but I don’t think the Drill Sergeants will let me off for the weekend.

*Should* be back for the spring one though.
    A 36 hour TDY packet is now in your possession This will include, but not limited to, procedural updates, equipment and manufacturing standards updates, safety and survival options and updates, and ending with maintenance and protection processes of new equipment.

Please inform the members of your team of these new orders at soonest opportunity.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    A 36 hour TDY packet is now in your possession This will include, but not limited to, procedural updates, equipment and manufacturing standards updates, safety and survival options and updates, and ending with maintenance and protection processes of new equipment.

Please inform the members of your team of these new orders at soonest opportunity.
    I appreciate it but don’t think it will work. As long as everything goes through I’ll be at basic training (again). They are making folks go back through basic, even Marines. Oh well, I’ll get paid to work out for three months.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I appreciate it but don’t think it will work. As long as everything goes through I’ll be at basic training (again). They are making folks go back through basic, even Marines. Oh well, I’ll get paid to work out for three months.

Damn. At least you know what to expect. Can’t wait to hear about Marine CRT.

Taking mil leave or whatever it’s called at your current place?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    When I got off active duty in 2011 I was told that I would have to repeat basic if I stayed out longer than 5 years. I went into the guard after a couple of months, but have been completely out since 2014. I don't even think I could pass basic now. Well maybe if they lowered the standards. Are you going through AIT also?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Going Army reserves. Basic will suck but they said I probably won’t die. Runtime is still decent, especially for 41 years old. Have to do basic and AIT, haven’t decided on MOS yet.

Yes, it will be a military leave of absence under USERRA.

And it looks like policy is out over four years lose one rank, so I’ll lose Staff Sergeant.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Going Army reserves. Basic will suck but they said I probably won’t die. Runtime is still decent, especially for 41 years old. Have to do basic and AIT, haven’t decided on MOS yet.

And it looks like policy is out over four years lose one rank, so I’ll lose Staff Sergeant.

Oof. MOS dilemmas…fun stuff or useful stuff…things I wish I knew the first time around…

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Oof. MOS dilemmas…fun stuff or useful stuff…things I wish I knew the first time around…
    That’s exactly my predicament. I really want EOD, but… of course the wife isn’t thrilled. Or combat medic (useful), MP (some weapons training) or…

Maybe I should start a thread ir something since I’m completely off original topic.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Im guessing you got the vaccine then already? Or are they giving it to you at boot? Kinda crazy how you got to go through basic again

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well the coronavirus did me a solid and caused a canceled wedding for some of my in-laws but I am not sure I can make it to this one. Got the wife and baby to take care of so I wont commit just yet.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    If I'm home I'll be there.

^ how can this be possible?

Either your home is Texas Star Shooting Range, or you possess some kind of interdimensional astrophysical ability to overcome time and space to locate yourself in two different places at the same time.

If I’m home, I’m in.

TGT has TWO members with this mystic ability???

shocked-face-with-exploding-head_1f92f.png

Top Bottom