• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I have a Presidio Auto-Axis and couldn't ask for a higher quality knife. I also carry a Griptilian Axis-Lock knife which is almost as fast to deploy as the Presidio.

tap&rack_TXinfidel

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Austin
    I carry a Presidio now and love it. No reason for me to shop around, I work for a dealer and get them at 40% of retail. Thats all the positive reinforcement I need....I ordered it. Thanks guys.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I also carry a presidio 522 in 440c. With the half serrated blade.

The axis lock is the shit. It's easy to flick open. And easy to flip closed. Good sized grip. Doesn't weigh that much. My primary use of mine is a hunting knife. It's never let me down.

That Adamas is about the same thing as the Presidio. Just a different look. I'm not too big of fan for D2. I had a Nimravus in D2. It was a pain to get it to take and edge. And once it did take a good edge. After a little use. It seem to go back to the edge it had before it was sharpened. And stayed there.

I'd get a axe in D2 all day long. But I'm out for a knife made with the stuff.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    Presidio 520 is my EDC knife. I like the looks of the blade on the Adamas, but it might be a little to heavy and bulky for pocket carry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Nice knife. Crazy money.

I didnt even notice the price. Holy crap, your right. My benchmade presidio was less then $100. With a 154cm blade the presidio runs $165. Itll do anything the adamas will do.

Anything past the $200 range better be auto. Or a balisong at the least.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    It is auto. My automatic Presidio was $140 and my Griptilian (non-auto) was $70. MSRP has nothing to do with reality.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It is auto. My automatic Presidio was $140 and my Griptilian (non-auto) was $70. MSRP has nothing to do with reality.

Ive owned two benchmade autos. One I sold, the other, the springs for the lock broke. I enjoyed autos, but...

My Presidio is faster to open. And you can close with one hand without touching the blade. Vs having to close the auto's blade, pushing against the spring. Without the auto, you can just flick the blade closed. The non auto can also be flicked open, or slowly, quietly, opened with one hand. The auto is one way unless you're holding the blade with one hand, pressing the button with the other.

IMHO, auto's are overrated. But the OTF jobs are really cool. Open and close with a button.

The adamas are pulling $200:

https://www.google.com/search?q=275...cp.r_qf.&fp=898ca01d767e1e4c&biw=1280&bih=685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well mine was 90.00 :D ahh the benefits of working in the industry. I'll post a lengthy review comparing it to my Presidio

Lucky dog.....$90's a steal for an auto knife. If you're gonna compare the two, the Presidio needs to be in 154cm. Otherwise, It would be like comparing a D2 lawn mower blade to a 440c chef knife

Dustyzz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2013
    Round Rock
    The Benchmade Adamas is a great knife, built like a tank but it is HUGE in comparison to something like a Presido... You might want to put it in your hand and/or pocket before you buy as I know some folks that find it too big to EDC on a regular basis.

Top Bottom