• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So we start all this crap in motion by destabilizing that region with the CIA and arm everyone. Gasp, there's a civil war now between the factions?

A journalist tries to cover a radical terrorist group and gets beheaded.

Both foreseeable.

I'm just not surprised. Bad decisions beget bad results. It's almost like Government needs this war? Needs this enemy? Need porous borders?

Am I the only one that feels like the government has turned into Skynet? LOL

Yup.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was either all planned or one of the absolute worst displays of logic and leadership.

IMHO, I think it's the latter choice. The Liar-in-Chief's record as a senator was to vote "Present" with no indication that he had any thoughts at all on any of the bills. About the only thing the loser currently infesting the White House can plan is his next golf date. He had briefings for over a year on the situation involving the up and coming crisis of ISIS yet when they started running rampant in Iraq, the Liar-in-Chief was again surprised at their actions.

We don't have a president....we have the Leader of the "Surprised Party."

094320.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I stumbled across a video of a woman being beheaded by a drug cartel. The guy who did it was using a knife much smaller than I would figure for the task. He cut through one side, then the other, then quickly separated the vertebra at the neck. In much less time than most of the Islamic and Chechen beheadings by knife that I've seen, he was proudly holding the head up for the camera. All the while, he was calmly and without hesitation giving a memorized speech that was, I assume, designed to personalize the terror to his intended targets.

Ever seen a real expert fillet a fish, accomplishing the task with deft knife work and amazing speed that only comes from repetition? This guy was the same. It was absolutely clear he'd had plenty of practice doing this.

For those of you worried about ISIS coming across the southern border and being bad guys, I say there are enough bad guys south of us right now for us to worry about.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup.

I really don't see the cartels tolerating ISIS moving in their territory.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That is the most positive spin on this topic I've ever seen. In all sincerity, thank you. Just the thought of the cartels and ISIS going after each other brought me a momentary smile.

Of course, it probably wouldn't work out like that. According to some folks, radical Islam and the cartels co-exist and even work together in South America, especially the tri-border area around Ciudad del Este. And, of course, some experts say that no such thing is happening; it's easy to find an expert to say whatever someone wants to hear. My takeway on the tri-border area is that cooperation between the two groups is possible and, in the short term, probable.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hmmm.

I looked at it as a matter of power and control.

The cartels currently control Mexico (in many ways), ISIS could easily become a threat the that control. Too much activity from ISIS in Mexico could cause the US to intervene which would be a big threat to the cartels business plan. Or ISIS could be a threat all it's own.

Course, I could be totally off base with this and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    This was either all planned or one of the absolute worst displays of logic and leadership.

This is what happens when someone believes their own bullshit.

Every politician stands on a platform, but the good ones will pivot to reality.

Obama is an ideologue and the ideals he holds are more precious to him than reality. That's fine if you're just some schmuck professor or community organizer, but Leader of the Free World?

I don't believe he's intentionally sabotaging the nation, I believe he is so god-awful incompetent that he flees to the golf course rather than face the consequences of a flawed world view being skewered before his eyes. I think he actually believes all his nonsense about political correctness, Islam, gun control, taxes, etc.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I stumbled across a video of a woman being beheaded by a drug cartel. The guy who did it was using a knife much smaller than I would figure for the task. He cut through one side, then the other, then quickly separated the vertebra at the neck. In much less time than most of the Islamic and Chechen beheadings by knife that I've seen, he was proudly holding the head up for the camera. All the while, he was calmly and without hesitation giving a memorized speech that was, I assume, designed to personalize the terror to his intended targets.

Ever seen a real expert fillet a fish, accomplishing the task with deft knife work and amazing speed that only comes from repetition? This guy was the same. It was absolutely clear he'd had plenty of practice doing this.

For those of you worried about ISIS coming across the southern border and being bad guys, I say there are enough bad guys south of us right now for us to worry about.
    Anyone who does not believe ISIS is traveling thru Mexico because of the CARTELS is dreaming.

1) The cartels will do ANYTHING for a dollar, they could care less, you pay you play, its the Mexican way.

2) Former CIA Operative: Yes, ISIS is in The U.S.

Katie Pavlich | Sep 03, 2014

Former CIA operative Bob Baer told CNN's Jake Tapper last night that ISIS is in the United States and capable of carrying out an attack.
    "What are your sources telling you about ISIS and any cells in the United States?" Tapper asked.
    "The people who collect tactical intelligence on the ground, day-to-day, and this isn't Washington, but people collecting this stuff say they're here, ISIS is here, they're capable of striking. They don't know what their plans and intentions are. But it's a definite concern," Baer said. "The people who do this for a living are very alarmed."
    Baer also said ISIS terrorists may have entered through the U.S. southern border with Mexico or through airports on American passports.
    Just yesterday the State Department would not confirm whether U.S. passports belonging to Americans confirmed to be working with ISIS overseas have been revoked. In July American Moner Mohammad Abusalha, who was fighting for ISIS in Syria, came home to the United States before returning to Syria to carry out a suicide bombing.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/09/03/former-cia-operative-yes-isis-is-in-the-us-n1886689?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

The difference is the cartels want to keep a delicate balance because they understand where their cash comes from, and they know if they don't cross certain lines here, then they will be allowed to get away with a certain amount of drug movement. ISIS has no interest in maintaining any sort of status quo.

Yup.

I do, but I don't see it going well. After all, even if the perfect union is formed between ISIS and a cartel, there are other cartels who will not like the situation and will strike out against it. Too many cartels fighting with each other, and within themselves for any long term collaboration to work.

Then again, since one should never underestimate their enemies, I'll assume ISIS has figured this part out too and is volunteering to act as drug mules in exchange for help crossing the border. I do see that relationship working.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Couple of thoughts.

1. No disrespect to the journalist. RIP. But it seems to me journalists in war zones think they are bullet proof; or they think they will be given a pass because they are journalists. The truth is everyone is fair game in a war zone.

2. It's been said so often it's a cliche. At some point muslim terrorists will strike inside the US. The question is how soon and how bad will it be. It's unfortunate something like this will have to occur before the libtards and bureaucrats do anything to protect the US.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    ....It's unfortunate something like this will have to occur before the libtards and bureaucrats do anything to protect the US.

Hate to say it, but it is more likely they will secretly welcome it is as an opportunity to shred some more of the Constitution.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Couple of thoughts.

1. No disrespect to the journalist. RIP. But it seems to me journalists in war zones think they are bullet proof; or they think they will be given a pass because they are journalists. The truth is everyone is fair game in a war zone.

2. It's been said so often it's a cliche. At some point muslim terrorists will strike inside the US. The question is how soon and how bad will it be. It's unfortunate something like this will have to occur before the libtards and bureaucrats do anything to protect the US.

1) Sadly you are so correct on this, but history has not shown that war correspondents are bullet proof. Those who spend their time beyond the FEBA go thru 3 phases: You arrive and are wide eyed, neither scared nor brave. Then there is your first firefight or mortar/rocket attack, you lived thru it an ddid your job, you begin to get brave...this goes on for a long time, braver, hardened and a growing belief that you are invincible as you become lean and mean. Then somewhere are day 99 or less before you go home, you think WTH am I doing out here taking chances like this. In Vietnam a lot of units brought folks out of the field as soon as they had 6 mo field duty. I was brought out at about 9 mos in the bush, but I was there not on a 12 mo but a 14 mo tour as I was getting out of the Army at the end of my tour.

Some guys like me were 'unable to adjust' to life in the rear with its starched fatigues, spit shined boots and all the BS that went along with it. I refused to turn in my M 16 or steel pot and flak jacket, I slept in a corner, on the floor, with my M 16 and steel pot for a pillow. The first morning at formation I was standing there with my M 16, pot on my head, no shirt, just my flak jacket on...Plt Sgt and Lt were screaming at me like I was a friggin dog, then one of the guys said 'should have seen him, he slept on the floor last night'. They told me I WOULD turn in my weapon etc...I thought on it a while and told them I wanted to take the first thing hot 'n smokin back out to the bush. I did, I spent the rest of my time there until I went home.

2) Even then they will NOT accept it, it will just be another case of workplace violence, no big deal, nothing to see there.

If Obama was POTUS on Dec 7th 1942, I suspect we would be speaking Japanese if you lived W of the Mississippi River and German E of it.

Top Bottom