• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Although Kurt did admit that he had a custom front sight (to his factory rear), in that he chucked the (factory) front post up on a drill press and thinned it "some" with a file

Oh man, I've done this quite a few times too... Sure cleans up a short AK sight picture!
    Guns International

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    Google maps has Liberty Hill, TX at just over 2 hours from SA.

There's also the Cathon Cartridge Club south of College Station (3.5 hours from SA according to Google Maps). They run He-Man/Heavy Metal on the 3rd Sunday and standard on the 4th Sat/Sun (match is only a day of shooting, you can come either day. CCC 3-Gun | 3-Gun is Fun! or Cawthon Cartridge Club. You can find a description of the stages from the November match here.

I haven't shot at other clubs, but CCC also differentiates between Tac-Optics (one optic of any type) and Tac-Limited (single 1x optic only - i.e. Aimpoint/EOTech). Haven't actually seen anyone with a rifle for Tac-Limited, though.

ken hebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Port Arthur
    I've shot at CCC, and have seen guys run tac lim. interesting since Fred's closest rifle shot is usually about 100yds, and runs a majority of them from 200 to 400, some out to 500. Texas Multi Gun at Liberty Hill will usually have 4 stages in the bays, rifle out to 100 in them and then one long range stage with targets from 200 to 500.

ken hebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Port Arthur
    Although Kurt did admit that he had a custom front sight (to his factory rear), in that he chucked the (factory) front post up on a drill press and thinned it "some" with a file

Alex

I listened to Kurt too, thinned my A2 front to 0.030" and I can see that same 485yd Larue around the blade, even could see the 600+yd bonus at RM3G.

shot that same rifle at BOTW just before RM3G this year and tattooed both 485's, but not the 200's (couldnt SEE them, hint hint Sheldon!!)

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    I've shot at CCC, and have seen guys run tac lim. interesting since Fred's closest rifle shot is usually about 100yds, and runs a majority of them from 200 to 400, some out to 500. Texas Multi Gun at Liberty Hill will usually have 4 stages in the bays, rifle out to 100 in them and then one long range stage with targets from 200 to 500.

Fred was on the USAF rifle team back in the day, which means High Power. I know All Army only goes to 500 vs Camp Perry's 600, but I'd guess that's the origin of his love of long range. And variety makes the game more fun - do what's possible at your facility, and make your COFs unique.

Oh, and CCC has one lane out just past 600 now.

"Gunner-COAX-troops-Laze!" comes to mind...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom