• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ok, so the rules say 140mm for double-stack mags in tactical (I do NOT want to go open - ain't got that kind of money for gear.), but it's reaaaaal vague on how to measure the stupid things unless you plunk down $40 on a measuring gauge. 140mm is just over 5 1/2", I put a tape on the longest part of one of my pistol magazines, it comes up just under 5 1/2". Is that a "close enough" measurement?

If you're wondering, it's a P226 Sig/Mecgar 20 round 9mm magazine, so if anybody knows specifically that these mags will fit for tactical, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm going to wind up buying some floor plates...
    Gun Zone Deals

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    The 140mm requirement comes from USPSA rules. I've never seen a set of 3-gun rules that defined how to measure the magazine. The USPSA rulebook has a diagram showing how to measure magazines on page 85 here: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

That said I've never seen anyone have their magazines measured at a 3-Gun match. I've only seen it happen once at a major USPSA match and that was only to one randomly selected person on the squad.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Cool, that's how I'm measuring it.

Found the magazine length rule on Texasmultigun.com, which appears to have the closest (and only) 3-gun matches to San Antonio. They got it in the rules, and I don't want to run afoul because I didn't catch something.

Thanks!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I've never seen anyone measure at a three gun match...well, except for me measuring one of my friend's magazines (who was shooting Limited with his Open (nominally 140mm) magazines)...but only because I knew that he was using 140mm tubes with plus-two Dawson basepads and was making fun of him.

Of course I have the USPSA official EGW mag gauge :)

If you show up with a 32 round Glock magazine, yeah, someone will call you on it. However, your Sig mag is fine. Just to be sure, I checked one of my P226 20 round mags against the gauge and yep, it is fine no matter how you measure (or don't) ;)

Alex

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Thanks. I'm going to look like enough of a noob my first time out, just don't want to compound that with equipment issues.

Brother, everyone is a noob their first time out.. it is their first time after all. Come on up to Liberty Hill and have some fun. Beware though, it is an addiction and catches real fast.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    If you need anything...holsters, extra magazines, shell holders, AR's, shotguns, pistols...let me know and I'll throw it in the truck ;)

Alex

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Brother, everyone is a noob their first time out.. it is their first time after all. Come on up to Liberty Hill and have some fun. Beware though, it is an addiction and catches real fast.

Haha, thanks. I've done a few carbine matches and a couple pistol shoots, so I shouldn't be that bad.

If you need anything...holsters, extra magazines, shell holders, AR's, shotguns, pistols...let me know and I'll throw it in the truck ;)

Alex

Thanks! I think I've got pretty much everything I need. No shotgun shell holders yet, but I'll just deal for now. Got to learn the program first.

Top Bottom