• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

WHEN I see a "no guns allowed" sign of any sort in SA (which is NOT often), I turn around & go elsewhere. THEN, I send a postcard to the business telling the owner/manager what I had planned to buy on their premises.
    (That simple act, combined with the postcards of other gun-owners, resulted in the "anti-gun signs" coming DOWN.)

Also, the CEO of the company that I worked for (before returning to TX & that had well over 300 employees) was also PRO-2nd & "Leo" sent letters to restaurants that explained that NONE of our company events would be at their premises & would NOT until they changed their anti-gun policy.

yours, satx

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Why should they be responsible for your security simply because they allow you on their property?

You aren't being forced to go there.

True....so why should they be responsible for your safety, either? No use cleaning up the water on the floor, the ungrounded electrical wiring, or even checking the temperature on the refrigerators.....people aren't being forced to go there, after all.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    True....so why should they be responsible for your safety, either? No use cleaning up the water on the floor, the ungrounded electrical wiring, or even checking the temperature on the refrigerators.....people aren't being forced to go there, after all.

I agree.

Let free market handle the shit holes.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

It is grounded in law: a little term called foreseeable. There is precident for, to use one of your examples, wet floors to be a known hazard a a duty on public places to clean them up.

No such precident exists for you carrying a gun.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    In high crime areas, car burglaries, robberies and purse snatching......are not foreseeable....lol......

We really are on our own when it comes to personal safety.....

txbirddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Many people make the assumption that they have Constitutional rights on private property. Little do they know!

and little to property owners have the rights they think they have,,,,,,,ergo the bakers who wouldn't bake a cake for a homosexual couple,,,,,,,,or those in the Metroplex that want to allow customers to smoke,,,,,,,,I am lucky that only 2 places I go on a regular basis are posted legally........

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They do have those rights, the gov has infringed upon them because short sighted people couldn't see the danger.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Legally meaningless and does not get you out of 30.06 violation.
    Please explain if you don't mind.

So say I go to my local mall, enter through sears that isn't posted. I'm walking through the mall and someone somehow figures out I'm armed and calls the police. I get stopped, checked, and informed the front entrance to the mall is posted and I'm in violation. So I could be charged with trespassing while armed even though I was never notified pursuant to 30.06?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You can be charged with anything. Luckily, with enough money or social stature you can prove your innocence.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Please explain if you don't mind.

So say I go to my local mall, enter through sears that isn't posted. I'm walking through the mall and someone somehow figures out I'm armed and calls the police. I get stopped, checked, and informed the front entrance to the mall is posted and I'm in violation. So I could be charged with trespassing while armed even though I was never notified pursuant to 30.06?

It all depends. If you first walked up to the main entrance to the mall and saw the sign, then went "shopping" for an unmarked entrance you can be charged and I think the state would prevail in court. Remember, malls now have surveillance cameras everywhere.

If they can establish that you entered the mall previously through a posted entrance....

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    They would have a tough time with that one. I hate that place and only go a couple times a year and always use outlying store entrances (mainly sears) which aren't posted due to the much better parking.

As for them sifting through months of footage from multiple cameras, that I highly doubt. Not enough time or man power.

So in the real world not the what ifs,

1). You would have to get seen with a weapon.

2). You'd have to end up with a majorly bad responding cop willing to arrest on a bogus charge to please mall management.

3.). You would have to find a DA to prosecute a bogus case with little chance of winning

4). You would have to get a judge who was either influenced by mall management or anti CHL to allow the case.

5). You would have to have a jury of anti's.

The list could go on! I'll take my chances!

My chances of being mugged or worse I. The parking lot trump those by 1000%!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    They would have a tough time with that one. I hate that place and only go a couple times a year and always use outlying store entrances (mainly sears) which aren't posted due to the much better parking.

As for them sifting through months of footage from multiple cameras, that I highly doubt. Not enough time or man power.

So in the real world not the what ifs,

1). You would have to get seen with a weapon.

2). You'd have to end up with a majorly bad responding cop willing to arrest on a bogus charge to please mall management.

3.). You would have to find a DA to prosecute a bogus case with little chance of winning

4). You would have to get a judge who was either influenced by mall management or anti CHL to allow the case.

5). You would have to have a jury of anti's.

The list could go on! I'll take my chances!

My chances of being mugged or worse I. The parking lot trump those by 1000%!
    No need for any of that as you've publicly admitted knowledge of the posting.

Top Bottom