• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChicagoTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Allen, TX
    I'm about to have to take my Mom down to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center near Downtown Houston and was wondering if any of the Houstonites on this forum had been there and noticed if there are any 30.06 (Prohibition to carry a concealed handgun) signs on any (all) of the facilties. My experience here in the Dallas area has been that most hospitals proper have them but most doctor's offices (even ones sharing campus with the hospitals) don't. Unless I receive some definitive intel otherwise, my gut tells me I'm likely to walk up against one of these signs and have a long walk back to the car - so I'll probably just store my CCW there.
    Still, figured I'd ask.
    Guns International

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Sorry to hear about your Mom.When I went there they had not said anything to me but this was before 9/11.You might want to call them.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry to hear about your mom.

There are so many different entrances it's hard to say for sure. I know with only a call you can get a guard to walk you to your car. See about getting some kind of monthly parking card if you can.

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    MD Anderson is posted. Some buildings aren't but it's part of UT and falls under it being a school/university (I think) so it's a no go. Anyway, all the buildings that you would be taking your mom to are posted.

My first post. Welcome to the forum me.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "If I had to choose between freedom of speech and my gun, I'd choose my gun. Then I'd say what I want because I have a gun"

HAhahahahahah....

CowDog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    I hate to hear that your Mom needs their services. This is going to be an ordeal for you, too. Once in awhile, get alone, give yourself a break. I'll say good words for you and your Mom.Was down there a few years ago. I don't recall 30.06 signs, but Anderson is a hospital complex, even in the outpatient treatment areas. Much as I hate to say it, it's got to be off limits for guns. I hope I don't step on too many toes, but anyone going to Houston unarmed is a fool. Conduct yourself according to your needs and concerns.Naturally, I recommend being a law abiding citizen.cd

Top Bottom