• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Weren’t you the guy who was just talking sheet on a poster who wanted to carry a SAA in .45LC?

View attachment 431982
    8ehm38.jpg
    Target Sports

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Many. I'd start with the lack of relatively inexpensive practice ammo if you don't reload. Or even if you do.

BTW, 30SC is something of a running joke on this forum. Expect non-serious answers intended to be funny. There will be serious answers, too, but you might have to dig to figure out which is which.
    <>

Any serious comparison would involve .380ACP.

If Zack keeps dissing .30SC, I’ll be tempted to get one just to see.

Meanwhile we carry G19’s like most. Well, almost “most”.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

Ptex

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2024
    ATX
    In all seriousness, is there a reason the OP does not want his wife carrying .380 ACP?
    380 is for tiny guns as far as I’m concerned. If the gun is available in 9mm why would you want to carry that? Wife didn’t want a tiny gun like the Ruger LCP ‍♂️

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    It has to be better since it's got the word "Super" in it, right?
    Never heard of "Super 9mm".
    Whaaaat? Did you miss this one? Quoted from Wiki, for accuracy....

"Patent 5,187,324 was filed by John Ricco of CP Bullets in 1992 for an "improved 9mm cartridge casing" that he called the 9×23mm Super. He had the prototype brass casings made by Winchester Ammunition."

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Whaaaat? Did you miss this one? Quoted from Wiki, for accuracy....

"Patent 5,187,324 was filed by John Ricco of CP Bullets in 1992 for an "improved 9mm cartridge casing" that he called the 9×23mm Super. He had the prototype brass casings made by Winchester Ammunition."
    .38 Super is very popular in Mexico & other nations where “military calibers” are restricted.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    380 is for tiny guns as far as I’m concerned. If the gun is available in 9mm why would you want to carry that? Wife didn’t want a tiny gun like the Ruger LCP ‍♂️

In a similar-sized pistol, the .380ACP has a lot less recoil without giving up much in performance. A SIG P365 in .380ACP is a dream compared to the 9mm version. As is a Glock 42 compared to a Glock 43.

Let her try some different pistols in 9mm and .380ACP. See what she prefers.....

Ptex

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2024
    ATX
    In a similar-sized pistol, the .380ACP has a lot less recoil without giving up much in performance. A SIG P365 in .380ACP is a dream compared to the 9mm version. As is a Glock 42 compared to a Glock 43.

Let her try some different pistols in 9mm and .380ACP. See what she prefers.....

Yep, that's a given, she will shoot and choose what she likes, I'm just hired help. Buuuut she has shot my P938 and hit paper from the first shot (better than me on my first shot), also handles my .40 cal Glock 23 ok on steel out to 15-20 yards... I want her to have every advantage if she commits to training it won't be a problem that I'm sure of. 380 ACP is a fine caliber but I would rather have the 9mm.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    ...because nobody's buying it. And that $100 savings is going to go up in smoke as prices for .30SC ammo rise and it becomes harder and harder to find. As anyone who bought a Glock chambered in .45GAP how that's going for them...

Everyone is buying it. So many people are buying it that S&w realizes it's a loss leader so they can scam the 9mm people out of an extra Benjamin.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I want some 30 Super Carry ammo to see if I can blow up a MAS 35A.
    Just a millimeter deeper chamber, that I can do with a dull drill bit.
    The 30 SC ammo is actually much cheaper than 30 French Long.

Of course the pistol might turn into a grenade, so I'll have to tie it to a post, with a very long string on the trigger,
    or just leave it in my truck, and let some hood rat try it first.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Yep, that's a given, she will shoot and choose what she likes, I'm just hired help. Buuuut she has shot my P938 and hit paper from the first shot (better than me on my first shot), also handles my .40 cal Glock 23 ok on steel out to 15-20 yards... I want her to have every advantage if she commits to training it won't be a problem that I'm sure of. 380 ACP is a fine caliber but I would rather have the 9mm.

But what would SHE rather have?....

Top Bottom