• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXASFIVEGUN

Jul 10, 2008
    TEXAS
    Take a look and tell me what yall think. I have had a few "shooters" at work and other places call B.S. on me when I talk about long range shooting with my handguns. I did a five part video on the "how to" of long-range iron sight revolver shooting. Let me know is it "good" "bad" or "ugly".
    Thanks Chad

http://www.youtube.com/texasfivegun
    ARJ Defense ad

iratollah

May 25, 2008
    That was some fine shooting! Are you using Kentucky windage for your sighting adjustments? That must be one very flat shooting round. You ever try that distance offhand with no rest?

Years ago there was a club called Sugarland Sportsman Club. We had 100 yard metallic silhouette pistol matches monthly, for both centerfire and rimfire. Lots of folks didn't believe we were shooting handguns at even that 'medium range' distance.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent videos sir! That's pretty crazy. ;) I have trouble much past ~25yds or so, though I've never really tried shooting at anything farther than that with a handgun.

TEXASFIVEGUN

Jul 10, 2008
    TEXAS
    Acesn8's - The recoil on my 500 Linebaugh loads is not that bad. I shoot a 440gr bullet at 1150fps. It's in your mind what you can stand and after 3,000 rounds it doesn't bother me any more.

iratollah - For sights I have 3 gold bars inlet into the front sight. I hold the gold bars above the rear sight. Pratcitce will tell you how much to hold up, or I can do it with math to locate the bars. It doesn't work as well as adjusting the sights or aming high, but I can use it any where, any and time.
    keithfrontsight.jpg

Texas1911 - I will try and see if a article is in me. As soon as I can get around to it I will make another longrange video with my 1911 45acp.

Top Bottom