• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Texas what gun are you shooting and what is your barrel twist? As every gun is different and loading is a learning experience not trying to talk you out of it but depending on what you are going for I think there are better choices. Again though groups, long range, recoil...

Ok to 1911 .. .308 is a good platform... I guess it is hard to argue, however I am just sick of it myself.. I took a 700 yard shot at a steel plate when I first got my rem 700 pss.. I missed.. Walked out there and we had the plate on a Saw horse made of 2x4's. the bullet was sticking out the back of the wood on the verticle. Meaning it did not penetrate 2" or less actually of cheap old lumber. Now would that ruin someones day? yes? But not a shot I would want to take at anything but a target. This was out of a 26" 1:12 barrel with 46grns of varget. The bullet was slightly bent absolutely no expansion.. I have the bullet still and a picture somewhere.. Remember this was 700 yards.. Not 1k or anything crazy..

Going back to the 155 palma... Here is a 200 yard group I put up with the load I shared earlier out of my 20" spr. Sub moa and it was actually some drifting wind that day.
    P2150007.jpg

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    Texas what gun are you shooting and what is your barrel twist? As every gun is different and loading is a learning experience not trying to talk you out of it but depending on what you are going for I think there are better choices. Again though groups, long range, recoil...

Ok to 1911 .. .308 is a good platform... I guess it is hard to argue, however I am just sick of it myself.. I took a 700 yard shot at a steel plate when I first got my rem 700 pss.. I missed.. Walked out there and we had the plate on a Saw horse made of 2x4's. the bullet was sticking out the back of the wood on the verticle. Meaning it did not penetrate 2" or less actually of cheap old lumber. Now would that ruin someones day? yes? But not a shot I would want to take at anything but a target. This was out of a 26" 1:12 barrel with 46grns of varget. The bullet was slightly bent absolutely no expansion.. I have the bullet still and a picture somewhere.. Remember this was 700 yards.. Not 1k or anything crazy..

Going back to the 155 palma... Here is a 200 yard group I put up with the load I shared earlier out of my 20" spr. Sub moa and it was actually some drifting wind that day.
    P2150007.jpg

my first loads where 150g bthp with 45.5g of varget out of my model 700 26'' barrel 1 in 12 twist thats 5 shots the flyer was what i was aiming at BTW 200 yards

200.jpg

Top Bottom