• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGL1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Why is so difficult to find this ammo and do you know a reliable, cheap source for it? After shooting this pistol for the first time I kinda wanna keep it. Nothing like a good revolver for backup. I mean it's a six shooter, hell I already got boots n hat I just need a gun belt.
    Texas SOT

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's hard to find because it's about on par with .380 ACP power-wise.

Talk to some Enfield (revolver) fans. They know where to find it. IMO your best bet would be reloading.

SGL1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    It's hard to find because it's about on par with .380 ACP power-wise.

Talk to some Enfield (revolver) fans. They know where to find it. IMO your best bet would be reloading.
    Is it really that close to .380? I figured reloading was best option but then there's expense, learning curve...etc

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    .38 special shouldn't be hard to find... Walmart has it as well as almost all the big box sporting good stores. My gun club has it. If you want to find the very best on-line pricing, use an ammo search engine like ammoseek.com - Georgia Arms is selling 1000 rounds for $210 and that is a good price. There are lots of alternatives using the search engine.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    .38 special shouldn't be hard to find... Walmart has it as well as almost all the big box sporting good stores. My gun club has it. If you want to find the very best on-line pricing, use an ammo search engine like ammoseek.com - Georgia Arms is selling 1000 rounds for $210 and that is a good price. There are lots of alternatives using the search engine.

Not the same as 38s&w

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SGL1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I have an Enfield in .38 S&W. Bought it just cause. It is a pretty weak round. I have found ammo at the gun shows. Ammunition to go also has the Prvi.
    38 S&W : Ammunition To Go
    I've found the Prvi before and seems to be decent ammo trouble is by time you tack on S&H charges you're back to square one. I even priced some at the gun show and it was still $32.00. I'll probably just see if I can pick up a used .38 special next gun show. Or just drive to one of the gun houses in Texas and load up.

SGL1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    These guys are actually only about an hr and a half from me. (Ammunition to Go - Prvi) I can take the girlfriend along and make a stop by Messina Hoff to get liquored up so we're both happy. Thanks!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is it really that close to .380? I figured reloading was best option but then there's expense, learning curve...etc
    Yep, it is. I had a S&W 32-1 for a little while, learned a bit about the .38 S&W while I had it.There is one load I'd look at if I was going to carry something in this caliber - the .38-200. It's an old Brit load, should be decent for defense with good penetration.Reloading straight-walled, low-pressur handgun ammo like .38 S&W or .45 ACP is actually really easy, the initial cost of equipment is really the only down side...

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I've found the Prvi before and seems to be decent ammo trouble is by time you tack on S&H charges you're back to square one. I even priced some at the gun show and it was still $32.00. I'll probably just see if I can pick up a used .38 special next gun show. Or just drive to one of the gun houses in Texas and load up.

Buy it by the case if you can. Keep the brass and that's one less thing to do if you get set up for reloading.

mike9905

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Stevensville, Maryland
    I last bought this ammo from Midway. Magtech .38 S&W, 146 gr. Haven't priced Privi. To me it isn't the price. It's can you find it anywhere. What was the last revolver chambered for 38 S&W? I have a Webley and a Smith in this caliber and they deserve to be fired.

SGL1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I last bought this ammo from Midway. Magtech .38 S&W, 146 gr. Haven't priced Privi. To me it isn't the price. It's can you find it anywhere. What was the last revolver chambered for 38 S&W? I have a Webley and a Smith in this caliber and they deserve to be fired.

Yeah it is a fun gun to shoot ain't it?

Top Bottom